A disgusting display of cultural ignorance:

Old Koreelah

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, funny haha. You know what I mean. With some of the spelling I've seen on here and other places, some people should carry a Concise Oxford Dictionary with them. Like everything on the computer, garbage in, garbage out. And remember, if there is more than one spelling for a word (eg. there, their, they're), spell check won't tell you if you are using the wrong one in the context of your sentence.

When you use a spell checker you should set the default dictionary to the one you want. The default is American English but you can set this to UK, AUS, NZ or a number of others as well as custom. I have mine set to UK English but I think most people don't set it (they don't know how to) and just accept the American suggestions. That's how American English is pervading our lives in many respects.

I changed my settings in Windows 10 to English Australian. Now, when I hit the # key, I get £, and when I hit the " key, I get @. To get double quotes, I have to hit the single quote key twice. I haven't been through the full keyboard to see what other anomalies there might be. ( " is Shift + ' ). To get the required symbol, I've used Alt codes till I work it out.

THANKS RED

Lucky I'm not home or would have a keyboard like yours, I remember doing something like this with Win 98 & couldn't undo it. ended with "Format & reinstall" OS.

I have a bit of information, but don't know were it will fit.: The NSW Rural Fire Service, are doing "aviation radio training" 1-3 & 25-27 June @ Dubbo Both radio operator & Air- BASE operator.

orana.team@rfs.nsw.gov.au

that's the email address that was on the newsletter.

spacesailor