Trump the Chump

willedoo

I ticked agree with Marty's post BUT but the coalition with the greens is not something the greens are ready for( or probably want). On many matters one would expect them to be of one mind. Greens steal many disappointed idealists from labor which is willing to get something where the greens might want the lot in one go, or nothing. They have done this a few times.. Pinching people from labor is not altering the balance on the major issues. Greens having policies on Israel's issues might not be something all members have a fully informed view on. We need green leaning people. Environment focussed people once were permitted in the Lib Nat Parties. I doubt you'd get preselected today.. Nev

...There's nothing in the constitution that prevents said party from nominating someone from the opposition to take the role. So the Liberal/National Party coalition could win the majority of seats and nominate a Labor back bencher for the position of Prime Minister. In theory.

The office of PM is not mentioned in the constitution- it just developed that way.

I'd like to know more about the "unity" government of Britain during WWII. It seems that in a time of peril, even politicians can cooperate. Perhaps there was more trust back then; I believe that our great wartime PM Curtin used to share a lot of secret info with the press which they never published.

The American media never showed any images of Roosevelt being crippled by polio.