Are we rushing to a stone age?

Bruce

Getting back to the original topic, personally I think the human race will survive but only after a major event that may happen over a number maybe tens or hundreds of years. The climate, population, resources and the political thirst for growth will reach a tipping point. The planet as we know it will deteriorate to such a degree that it will be unable to support the vast majority of human life including the things we rely on to survive such as air, water, plant and animal life. By then we will have developed artificial societies with 100% of our energy and resources needs being renewable. The planet will right itself eventually but it may take hundreds if not thousands of years. Plant & animal life will re-evolve. Some of the originals will survive, some of these may be survivors from other ages such as crocodiles. None of us alive today are likely to be around when it happens though.

You see the problem with solar power when you consider living off the grid.What are you going to do if no solar or wind?'

Pay 50 times more or go without?

Ilived off the grid for

You see the problem with solar power when you consider living off the grid.What are you going to do if no solar or wind?'

Pay 50 times more or go without?

I lived off grid for over 20 years. We had solar panels and yes sometimes the sun didn't shine for a few days but for large loads, we would use a generator mainly for washing machine and my enormous coffee machine (can't live like an animal). Whilst the weekly washing was being done or the morning coffee was being expertly made by me, the generator was topping up the batteries. During this time we raised our son. Of course to some people, this may sound like an awful existence but these were some of the best days of our lives. Interestingly the improvements in the efficiency and cost of technology have improved massively. recently sold this property and we had to replace one of the solar panels. This panel cost $600 in 1990, we replaced it with one that was twice the capacity and only cost $180.

Better to get one from him than OFF him . Or perhaps don't let him ORGANise a coffee for you. Might be too stimulating. Nev

In my defence, my style of latte art is more a case of finding a random pattern and nudging it in one direction or another. Of course, this what it is supposed to be! [ATTACH]49089._xfImport[/ATTACH]

This was about 7 years ago and as I remember it caused much mirth amongst my fellow coffee drinkers.

487463415_coffeemonkey.jpg.d6fe56f87fa38647db7de197a775751e.jpg

My son-in -law ( I call him that even though they never got married formally) went to a barista school and I had hopes of really good coffee.

Alas he needs a $1000 machine. In the meantime, your effort looks good octave.

My son-in -law ( I call him that even though they never got married formally) went to a barista school and I had hopes of really good coffee.Alas he needs a $1000 machine. In the meantime, your effort looks good octave.

The be honest my quality ranges between fantastic to what I like to refer to as a "sink shot". I can usually turn out 2 good cups but if we have visitors I do subtly attempt to steer them towards tea:oh yeah: