Oh, the irony...

Marty_d

For some it may have. "Holier than thou" may be a common attitude. I recall a sign on a church in Barcelona. This place is the house of god. If you are not properly dressed , do not come in. That doesn't sound quite right to me, but he hadn't signed it so perhaps its just a draft. Nev

• 2 weeks later...

Quote from ABC News, "The group's social media accounts show FamilyVoice takes a stance against same-sex marriage, transgender people, abortion, euthanasia and unisex bathrooms.(my emphasis). Most of which, I am fortunate not to need to partake (although some may consider euthanasia a good outcome for me). But against unisex bathrooms? Do these lot really think everyone is a raving sex nut with no self control, ready to rape and pillage just at the possible sight of a bare midriff? I'm truly disappointed with the assumption that everyone except themselves can't be trusted. Maybe they should get out of their comfort zone, walk around the slums of cities, check out cancer patients with no dignity, just pain, Please, people, not all us Christians are blind and stupid. I don't pretend to know all the answers, sometimes none of the answers, but broad sweeping statements of middle-class morality 'aint right!"

David

For some it may have. "Holier than thou" may be a common attitude. I recall a sign on a church in Barcelona. This place is the house of god. If you are not properly dressed , do not come in. That doesn't sound quite right to me, but he hadn't signed it so perhaps its just a draft. Nev

I certainly wouldn't be welcome there. One Sunday afternoon I was helping out a mate, and realised that I didn't have time to get home and changed before Church. To add the icing on the cake, I was on duty - Bible readings, prayers etc. Quick shower, grubby shorts back on, and the clean t-shirt which read "I'm not Santa! (but you can still sit on my lap)".

I wonder what the visitors thought. They never came again.

David

My experience has shown that it is very important to put on the best of appearances when congregating. It seems that gods are easily impressed by appearances, however false or temporary. It's definitely not appropriate to look like one has been doing menial work.

• 2 years later...

Given he was a moron, ahem Mormon.

I doubt anything he says or thinks is right.

The Mormons were a  radical sect formed in Utah, well known for robbing and killing people moving west in the 1800's. Any non Mormon was considered evil and disposable.

...The Mormons were a  radical sect formed in Utah, well known for robbing and killing people moving west in the 1800's. Any non Mormon was considered evil and disposable.

The same was apparently true of another radical sect that started in Peta (not Mecca) and wants to spread its righteousness all over the planet.