If I had a Time Machine, I would ...

old man emu

I'd go back to the first origin of the first universe. Just to watch it.

That'd be a good one.

I'd nip over to Britain at the end of WWII and pay cash for a dozen Spitfires, and a block of land in Utah in my grandfather's name to bury them in. Is there room in the time machine for the equipment to shrink wrap them?

I'd nip over to Britain at the end of WWII and pay cash for a dozen Spitfires, and a block of land in Utah in my grandfather's name to bury them in. Is there room in the time machine for the equipment to shrink wrap them?

Sorry, Marty_d but that post was a FAIL.

You were supposed to post a funny reply. But the idea is sound.

That would be the end of the universe, not the origin.

Well that's been captured on film in that stunning documentary, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

I like your presumption that you know what the "beginning" looked like btw, why wouldn't it have been all space with a single shining point of energy?

Sorry, Marty_d but that post was a FAIL.You were supposed to post a funny reply. But the idea is sound.

Hmmm. Now you may not have noticed, OME, but I just slipped back in time and impregnated your grandmother.

Now show some respect to your grandfather!

I like your presumption that you know what the "beginning" looked like btw, why wouldn't it have been all space with a single shining point of energy?

No, what I saw couldn't have been the beginning. That point just faded away every time I watched it.

My theory is that in the beginning, God created a test pattern.

rgmwa

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if, because a Time Traveler who knew the result of a race and put a sheep station on the winner, if that would change the starting odds, or the starting odds obtained would be as a result of the sheep station being laid.

I had this discussion with mates the other day. We figured that the best thing you could do is (modestly) use your knowledge of what's going to happen in the stock market - companies that succeed aren't as likely to be affected by small events, as chance events are. Shares in Microsoft, Facebook, Apple... couldn't go wrong.