Time to Arm Up in the UK

Cosmick

Gold!!

I used to hang around with a few Croats in my younger days. When a mate would roll home a bit late, his wife would sternly ask "What in the hell have you been??"

English is a very difficult language to get one's head around. So many words basically meaning the same thing, so many similar words meaning completely different things. . .

I have to take of my hat to those incomers who even advance to the point where they can get their spoken message across in English, I'll always forgive incorrect, sometimes hilarious use of grammar . . .jeeze, even those born into speaking English have not mastered all of it. . If an adult person is content with their verbal communication ability, there is really not much point in eddificating oneself further, unless you want to teach the language.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a chilling video of ISIS killing homosexuals by throwing them off a flat 3 story roof where they apparently held their "trials"..I like the word "buggered". It means lots of things according to context. How can you ascribe a sexual meaning when somebody says some item was buggered? To me it just means it was broken or worn out or otherwise rooted.

I've tried to explain the term 'Rooted' to my pommie compatriots and they still don't get it. . . .even whe I told them the little ditty:

Q. What's the difference between an Egg and a Beetroot. . .?

A. 'You can beat an egg,. . .but you can't beat a root'. . . .

Blank stares. . . . Iffa you a hafta exaplaina it. . .issa no as a funny no more. . . . .init ?

But Margaret Thatcher did not stop terrorism in the UK during her days as PM.

Terrorists incidents including major bombings killing many people continued in the UK throughout her entire period as PM, and afterwards. Most of them were at the hands of the IRA - nice white Christian folk who'd go to church on Sunday.

Have to disagree a bit there Dutch, Muslim immigration will cause untold damage to the UK in a very small number of years. BUT I digress,. . .Addressing your reference to 'Christians'. . .

Thanks to Maggie's policies, the IRA (CATHOLICS ) were on the back foot, having been infiltrated right to the top by good quality intel and British agents, having lost many of their best soldiers thanks to the SAS. They were a busted flush and militarily speaking,. . .they were completely defeated, even with continuing weapons and training support from Colonel Ghadaffi in Libya..

This policy was continued under the auspices of PM John Major. . .Then along came Tony Blair in 1997 and snatched defeat from the jaws of victory by appeasing all the terrorists in one fell swoop. . ., and thereby letting them off the hook. The 'Good Friday Agreement' was an amazingly total and complete surrender of the British Government to the terrorists, who have, since then continued to exert a hold over the NI province, with their drug and protection rackets. . . although they have, at least stopped letting off bombs in mainland Britain. . . they are STILL doing it in Northern Ireland. The Terrorists were all sent a letter from HM Government giving them a 'Get out of jaill free' card, and TWO of the leading members of their organisation ie Martin McGuiness and Gerry Adams were even elevated to positions as Members of Parliament, but neither of these asshoes ever took their seats in the house. Both of the aforementioned were members of the IRA Military council and have both been impicated in terrorist outrages on the UK mainland. ie, the London, Birmingham Pub and the Brighton bombings where they very nearly killed Margaret Thatcher at the Conservative conference.

Martin McGuinness, who was accredited with firing the first shot at British troops, thereby causing the Black Friday massacre, died recently and I hope that it was painful. This is another reason why a few million of us Brits don't particularly like Mr.Tony Bliar, who is currently re-entering the political sphere on a platform of trying to overturn the democratic vote to leave the EU. . .This twot is SOOO popular in the world, that he has a taxpayer funded Armed bodyguard team of Eight persons, who never leave his sight, 24/7/365. . .. No other Ex-Prime Minister of the UK has ever asked for, nor received such heavy protection.. . .the reason being that there are a LOT of people around the world who would like to see him 'Slotted'.

I could go to Gordon Brown's house tomorrow and call him a twot over his front fence without risk of being shot at. But he only destroyed the best private pension setup in world history with his tax raid, and merely sold off 50% of the UK gold reserves at the nadir of the metals market at that time. . . along with setting up a PFI scam, 'Private Finance Initiative' with ridiculous interest charges that some 15 year old kid coud have negoitiated better, but Hey,. . it's PUBLIC MONEY from the TAXPAYER. . .and the MAGIC MONEY TREE will pay for it.. to build NHS hospitals, which will ensure that the NHS is bereft of funds for proper medical purposes for seventy five years or so. . .

Here endeth the current rant.

Whoa back there Phil.You just admitted to watching the Beeb!

AND to giving credence to program content!

Heretic!

I KNOW. . . .for shame. . .but that was a VERY GOOD prog, and bereft of any reference at all to Global climate change, transgender bollox, or any other bit of leftist propaganda for which they are famous.

Although it hurts to say this BUT . . .credit where Due.

I DO try to be fair you know. . . .even when it causes pain. . .

( Sob )