Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
32 minutes ago, nomadpete said:

I know you aren't really after a trike, but this might stimulate your imagination. Especially the front wheel setup.

IMG_1012.jpeg

That's a work of art.

Pete, I don't think the imagination needs stimulating; it's more the work ethic that needs some stimulation.

Posted

I've often thought of doing something with the R-670 jug that I have. It's in good condition with the valves, rocker gear and rocker covers. I just wish I had two of them, it would make a great three litre v-twin. A nice pot with a lot of character. I've also got a couple of Cyclone 9 pots but they're huge and ugly, much like the Millyard P & W's, so they'll remain as paperweights. Just for a laugh I lined the R-670 pot up in the M-63 Ural frame the other day and it took up most of the available engine space, no room at all for a bottom end.

  • Informative 1
Posted

They're handy people in a workshop. Al Hackel built most of the motor himself but I think he might have got somebody else to grind the cams. Allan Millyard delves fairly deep into it; he even makes his own carburettors at times.

 

SnapInsta.to_653545095_18124380004599550_2259410779376566819_n-1.thumb.png.1b5f6b8d1de8f8979a5c03ff0ca3df1c.png

 

 

Posted

The old M-63 Ural frame is out of the equation. The high ground clearance frame doesn't allow anywhere near the cradle height to accommodate the engine. From ground to the bottom of the frame is 240mm, and that's with 16" wheels and not the 19" originals. Ok for the original boxer twin engine but hard to fit any other type in it. The Ural frame will hang on the wall waiting for a boxer engine to show up one day.

 

2.thumb.jpg.b1fb02b91244a14133ff4209e2e77aea.jpg

  • Like 1
Posted

So it's back to plan A to custom build a frame. A bit of work involved but at least it can be built to requirements instead of trying to adapt an unsuitable frame. I've got an old frame hanging about which might be ok for a couple of donor bits. Chopping the steering head, main spine and front down tubes as one piece and using it is feasible and would save a bit of work.

  • Like 1
Posted

That Bristol sleeve valve thing will never work The Plug head needs a big blast of air to Keep it cool. Fine finning is not appropriate for Low speed cooling air and the heat has to travel through 2 sleeves to get to the Finned part It will also need a much bigger flywheel than could fit in that crankcase. It will only be a static exhibit.. Nev

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...