SHOP SELLING BRITISH MEMORABILIA LABELLED RACIST.

Phil Perry

So then....Why is it at the top of the form, rather than with all the other questions about your history and such?While collecting data may be some of reason, it's not the only reason, and it is discriminatory.

Here is an explanation of why the ACT health system asks this question.

http://www.health.act.gov.au/sites/default/files/Asking%20patients%20-%20Are%20you%20of%20Aboriginal%20and%20or%20Torres%20Strait%20Islander%20Origin.pdf

It does seem logical to me to identify groups who are prone to particular health problems such as smokers diabetics etc.

If you reject this explanation then what alternative explanation could you suggest. Do you feel that you are being discriminated against and if so how?

Here is an explanation of why the ACT health system asks this question.

http://www.health.act.gov.au/sites/default/files/Asking patients - Are you of Aboriginal and or Torres Strait Islander Origin.pdf

It does seem logical to me to identify groups who are prone to particular health problems such as smokers diabetics etc.

If you reject this explanation then what alternative explanation could you suggest. Do you feel that you are being discriminated against and if so how?

I'm sure that they will use the data, but it's not the only reason.

I can say that I am aware that it has been used to determine the level of care that you receive. An acquaintance of mine had a particularly bad leg fracture enroute to the gulf. Let's just say that the treatment was substandard due to his lack of aboriginality.

It seems that the Druids' position in the Celtic ruling hierarchy could equate to that of medieval bishops. The warrior class controlled the temporal world (kings and noblemen) and the druids took care of the spiritual.

There does not seem to have been a unique Druidic religion amongst the Iron Age and pre-Christian Romano-Britons. Those Britons seem to have had a polytheistic spirituality, much the same as the rest of the pre-Christian societies of the European world (Judaism excepted).

The Druids not only had religious functions, but they were the repository of law and social custom. Their position in Celtic society must have been highly influential, because the Romans went out of their way to hunt down druids and exterminate them. They didn't do the same to the warrior class if the warrior class agreed to accept Roman overlords in return for keeping their local ruling status. The Romans only came down hard on those leaders who would not accept Roman rule, or tried it and revolted against it. The Romans seemed to follow the adage "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer".

OME

Wasn't the Jack of the GB union all begot Before Christianity, pretty sure the Scots and Irish were pagan, as were the Brits before the Romans,spacesailor

The Union flag came about in 1606 when James 6th. of Scotland inherited the English and Irish thrones. The original flag had the English St.George's cross laid over the Scottish St. Andrew's saltire. As far as I know, both crosses had their origin in the AD post Christian era and were not Pagan symbols.

Cheers, Willie.