SHOP SELLING BRITISH MEMORABILIA LABELLED RACIST.

Phil Perry

Another 'You couldn't make it up Guv' story.

This bloke started a souvenir shop in London some months ago and has been pilloried ever since for his disgusting 'Racism' . . . now he's gone and bought a used Jag, already painted in Union Flag colours and the SJWs are at it again. . .this is the way good 'Ole Patriotic Britain seems to be going. . . . Sad really.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news...

Another 'You couldn't make it up Guv' story.

This bloke started a souvenir shop in London some months ago and has been pilloried ever since for his disgusting 'Racism' . . . now he's gone and bought a used Jag, already painted in Union Flag colours and the SJWs are at it again. . .this is the way good 'Ole Patriotic Britain seems to be going. . . . Sad really.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news...

Sorry Phil, we are not allowed to comment. We have section 18C.

I just can't work out what all the fuss is about tee shirts and mugs with pictures of flags and Big Ben . . . we have had a stall in Cannock market selling exactly the same sort of stuff for years without any probs. The daft thing about this story is that all the whingers are white indiginous social justice twots. . .apparently, no immigrants appear to be in the least bothered. . . maybe the guy should start flogging boomerangs and stuffed Kangaroos for a bit of 'Diversity' and change the business name to 'The British Empire Shop' for some REAL trouble. . . ?

Odd place is London, . . . must be all the exhaust fumes. . .

The leftoid agitators particularly despise the Union jack due to the numerous Christian symbols, also why they want that part of our AU flag removed. It grates on them.

Their time is short now so they become increasingly more agitated... judgement awaits.

Oh dear!!! I hadn't realised that the Union Jack even had christian symbols in it. I must hurry and start agitating immediately before the drug-crazed bullsh1t in revelations happens.

Let's hear of some support for this shop by the English Defence League.

English Defence League - Wikipedia

OME

(Grrrr! Since when has the "c" in the noun/adjectival form been superceded by an "s" ?

Defence or defense? There are many pairs of words in English which are spelt both with a `c' and an `s'. For example, advice, advise and practice, practise. In the two examples, the noun/adjectival form of the word is spelt with a `c' and the verb/adverbial form is spelt with an `s'.

But then, a little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/archive/news/net-study-finds-root-of-spelling-mistakes/news-story/456190ddcf98dab29d628b8693880cc0

Can't be as racist as Aussie, Even C freeman was picked over the best athletes ever because she was Aboriginal. & it was freely admitted after, the pick it was to appease the Aboriginal land claims.

The Union Jack is bits of other country's flags,The Scots blue bit, a bit for Wales, A couple of red & white bits, for the last 2 English kingdoms, and the only bit Christian would have to be the cross of St George!.

spacesailor

Let's hear of some support for this shop by the English Defence League.

English Defence League - Wikipedia

OME

(Grrrr! Since when has the "c" in the noun/adjectival form been superceded by an "s" ?

Defence or defense? There are many pairs of words in English which are spelt both with a `c' and an `s'. For example, advice, advise and practice, practise. In the two examples, the noun/adjectival form of the word is spelt with a `c' and the verb/adverbial form is spelt with an `s'.

But then, a little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/archive/news/net-study-finds-root-of-spelling-mistakes/news-story/456190ddcf98dab29d628b8693880cc0

Licence and Licensed . . . .Spelt and Spelled . . .

Even C freeman was picked over the best athletes ever because she was Aboriginal. & it was freely admitted after, the pick it was to appease the Aboriginal land claims.

Picked for what?

Are you suggesting that she did not go through the same qualifying events that other athletes did?

I would suggest that her performance is a matter of public record.

Your assertion needs to be supported with evidence not just hearsay.

Licence and Licensed . . . .Spelt and Spelled . . .

Licence: Noun. Official approval to perform an action (the intangible concept), or a document recording the grant of approval (a tangible object).

License: Verb. The act of granting approval to perform an action.

I always make the choice between using 'c' or 's' by selecting 'c' if the word is used as a noun, and 's' if it is used as a verb: practice(n), practise (v)

In American English, spelt primarily refers to the hardy wheat grown mostly in Europe. Spelt (Triticum spelta), also known as dinkel wheat, or hulled wheat, is a species of wheat cultivated since 5000 BC. Spelt is sometimes considered a subspecies of the closely related species common wheat (Triticum aestivum).

The verb spell makes spelled in the past tense and as a past participle. In all other main varieties of English, spelt and spelled both work as the past tense and past participle of spell, at least where spell means to form words letter by letter or (with out) to make clear. Outside the U.S., the two forms are interchangeable in these uses, and both are common.

OME

Picked to light the Olympic flame at the games, whist the three former Olympians looked on.A TV program interviewed the person in charge who proudly said that was his idea to appease people.

spacesailor

I would suggest that choosing the athlete to light the Olympic flame has always been an arbitrary choice. Are there any criteria for the choice? In what terms were athletes more "qualified"?

Is this the best example of reverse racism you can find?

Well, we TV viewer's were left with the impression that the three Ladies ,we were watching were the choice.

Unexpectedly, up came the upstart to take the lime-light, from, Debbie Flintoff-King.

spacesailor

PS

Sydney 2000 marked a century of women’s participation in the Olympics. To recognise this, some of Australia’s finest female athletes carried the torch inside the stadium. Betty Cuthbert, the Golden Girl of the Melbourne Olympics, was pushed in a wheelchair by Raelene Boyle (Cuthbert’s movement was impaired by multiple sclerosis). Next, legends Dawn Fraser, Shirley Strickland, Shane Gould and Debbie Flintoff-King all ran with the torch. Flintoff-King, the last Australian track gold medallist, then passed the torch to Cathy Freeman.

Unexpectedly, up came the upstart to take the lime-light,

It sounds like you very much blame Freeman herself, so did she insist it be her or was she asked and agreed as anyone would. If you are mad at anyone for this event (that took place 16 years ago) you should be mad at people who issued the invitation or the process itself. Personally I find this an amazingly trivial issue especially after some much time and since the other people involved don't seem to be bent out of shape about it. Anyway, given the triviality of the issue, I don't see the point in arguing about it, I guess it is important to you.

"amazingly trivial issue"Was the blatant statement on TV that It was political & racist appointment, and that it wasn't anything to do with sport!.

(picked solely on being aboriginal,(and she refused to carry the Aussie flag))

spacesailor

Here is a link to about how the person has been selected in other games, it is not based on any particular qualification but seems to vary from time to time.Who decides who gets to carry the torch and light the cauldron at the Olympic opening ceremony?

Whilst you may disagree with the choice these things will never please everyone. When you say the selection was nothing to do with sport are you suggesting that she did not have a substantial list of sporting successes?

She refused to carry the Australian flag? Really, that was not my memory of it

What happened to the view of her running with the aboriginal flag, and were she was stopped by officials then made to carry the Aussie flag to which she tried to put under the aboriginal flag.

I would get out the VHS tape of the 2000 games, but have no tape deck now to play it!

Had to tape it as was in homebush at the time.

spacesailor

I remember there being some issue with the flag and her on UK TV bagging Australians as being racist. It should be remembered our Olympic athletes are sponsored by the Australian tax payer. I think Freeman is an example of how most Australians like to see Aboriginal people achieve good things in life.

The Union Jack is bits of other country's flags,The Scots blue bit, a bit for Wales, A couple of red & white bits, for the last 2 English kingdoms, and the only bit Christian would have to be the cross of St George!.

spacesailor

spacesailor, I'm assuming you are joking. Either that or you've really ballsed that one up.

Cheers, Willie.

spacesailor, I'm assuming you are joking. Either that or you've really ballsed that one up.

Cheers, Willie.

He's not far off.

Original English flag was the cross of St George (red on white) then other bits got added as Scotland and Ireland got added to the UK.

[ATTACH]48057._xfImport[/ATTACH]

450px-Flags_of_the_Union_Jack.thumb.png.0c308be10366d5165cae9fdefa920061.png

Point I'm making, Marty, is that the 'other bits'referred to are the cross of St. Patrick and the cross of St. Andrew. I could be wrong, but I thought they had something to do with Christians.

Also, he's partially right about the Welsh bit. Although there's no direct Welsh content on the Union Flag, it's represented by default through the English cross of St. George.

Cheers, Willie.

Is this the best example of reverse racism you can find?

Well, every time I've had to set foot in a hospital, I see the sign that says "racial discrimination will not be tolerated", then you fill out the form which right at the very top asks "are you of aboriginal or Torres Straight islander descent?"

There is no such thing as reverse racism or reverse discrimination, anything that discriminates for someone, discriminates against someone else.

I am not familiar with the mentioned Cathy Freeman thing, but assuming it occurred, you are correct in that it's not her fault, it's management's fault. The problem with it is that it IS racism, yet if you speak out, you are called a racist. Noel Pearson was (in my opinion) correct in what he has had to say on the matter of the racists of the left and ABC.

Well, every time I've had to set foot in a hospital, I see the sign that says "racial discrimination will not be tolerated", then you fill out the form which right at the very top asks "are you of aboriginal or Torres Straight islander descent?"

There's a few reasons for asking that question. I work with data and many questions like that one, which can look like they have an ulterior motive, are just for administrative and planning purposes. How can you use evidence to better target resources if you don't have the data? So if, for example, from the patients presenting with eye diseases causing blindness or focussing problems, you have the data which shows that aboriginal people are over-represented, then you can formulate strategies to be proactive in delivering specialized health services to the communities. This may deliver better "bang for the buck" by being cheaper to treat earlier, quite apart from the positive health effects for the patient.

There's a few reasons for asking that question. I work with data and many questions like that one, which can look like they have an ulterior motive, are just for administrative and planning purposes. How can you use evidence to better target resources if you don't have the data? So if, for example, from the patients presenting with eye diseases causing blindness or focussing problems, you have the data which shows that aboriginal people are over-represented, then you can formulate strategies to be proactive in delivering specialized health services to the communities. This may deliver better "bang for the buck" by being cheaper to treat earlier, quite apart from the positive health effects for the patient.

So then....Why is it at the top of the form, rather than with all the other questions about your history and such?

While collecting data may be some of reason, it's not the only reason, and it is discriminatory.