German Man killed by explosion on Christmas Day

Phil Perry

A 29 year old German man tried to rob an automatic roadside condom dispensing machine with a home made explosive device on Christmas day 2015.

The man and his 2 accomplices lit the fuse then ran for cover in their car. The bomb went off before the man could close the door of the car,. . . and he was hit in the head by a piece of flying metal from the machine and died from his injuries.

[ATTACH]47811._xfImport[/ATTACH]

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/worl...

173607054_BLOWNUPCONDOMDISPENSER.thumb.jpg.37a2106fece2c842c025a0d552d084d4.jpg

Gives new meaning to the term blow job. He must have needed a franger really badly.

Yeah,. . this is actually tragic. . . I'll bet he never would have imagined getting killed by a Dinger / Franger machine.

This reminds me of the classic Michael Caine line in the "Italian Job" when they blew up a complete van to test the explosives and Caine said: " You were only supposed to blow the bloody doors off. . . ."

The poor German bloke obviously didn't carry out his pre-ignition safety (wet)checks ?

I'll get me coat. . . . .

The cost-benefit analysis could do with some more work there.

Well Gnarly,. . . .I think that the guys were probably after the Money in the machine,. . .rather than the dingers per se,. . . .but I'm only guessing here. . . . .

Very sad and uttelrly silly way to end your life at only 29 years old though wasn't it ?. . . . .I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous too. . . . . .

Merry New Year mate. . . .from all of us windswept Pommie buggers in the Midlands. . . .( glad I don't live near the coast,. . .or on a flood plain. . . . )

so how did your Uncle Otto die? He was killed in a roadside explosion...

Its always sad to see another NRA member meet an unfortunate end, take heed GNu, Jesus punishes harshly

Very cruel for the time of year mate. . . .?

Happy . . . .new year. . . . . anyway,. . .Jesus ( no . . .not my Rotttweiler. . .) posts regularly on a political blogsite that I frequent,. . . . . .he wouldn't do anything like that,. . .or so he has assured me. . .)

Is nobody going to comment on the foibles of a nation that HAS automatic roadside condom vending machines?

Kaz

Well. . . .I have to admit to some surprise on that score also Kaz,. . . . and yet a friend who lives in Croatia, and grows olives. . .( irrelevant ) says that they have them on the roadside thore as well./ / /I have never seen these machines outside of a Gent's washroom at a motorway service station anywhere in the UK. . . .maybe we are lagging behind a bit. . . .?

There WAS one, outside a barber shop in the town where I lived prior to being convicted and transported to the colonies,. . . . but that got stolen one evening, and was never replaced,. . .it also sold Brylcreem. . . . . .no doubt to slick the hair of the local teddyboys. . .( Remember them ? )

OME - Not a Tragedy - a Darwin Award shoe-in.

A Tragedy, is when a good person, taking all reasonable safety precautions, gets totalled. It is NOT when someone with the intellect of a disabled banana undertakes an action that anybody with the active neurones of an amoeba reacting unwisely under the stress of an emergency initiates.

OME - Not a Tragedy - a Darwin Award shoe-in.

A Tragedy, is when a good person, taking all reasonable safety precautions, gets totalled. It is NOT when someone with the intellect of a disabled banana undertakes an action that anybody with the active neurones of an amoeba reacting unwisely under the stress of an emergency initiates.

So.....how come we keep calling them tragedies when pilots keep killing themselves in the same predictable ways?

THAT - may well be the Question of the Year.

A Tragedy - to me - is when an unforeseeable situation engulfs an innocent party who had no power to prevent the consequences. A Tragedy is, for instance, a mother and child being killed by a runaway truck smashing through their living room and killing them while they are eating dinner.. It is NOT, for instance, a pilot attempting a turn-back when all of her/his training and all of the information available has prepared her/him to land forward and minimise the potential impact.

The death of thousands in the 9/11 attack on the Twin Towers was a tragedy. The death of someone - no matter how popular etc. - who has pushed the boundaries of sensible action beyond the limits - may be sad, devastating, unbelievable etc. - but it is NOT a tragedy.

I can just see it now, You and the missus to be (or not to be) driving down the road and you see the vending machine...... you say, what do ya reckon.... Spur of the moment activity..

Maybe there should be a Motel just a bit further down the way.

I remember when posted to Germany in the 80's, the first exercise we went on wherever we went we were followed around by a little motorhome with a couple of Frauline's on board.

When we set up camp all you had to do was wait till dark and you could see the red light through the trees. I thought it was fairly enterprising of them.

A few of the boys could have done with some of those dispensers back then.