Time to take the gloves off?

4 hours ago, facthunter said:

I used to be surprised how some women flirt outrageously even thought their husbands are right there. As I get older  the less things people do surprises me. at all.   Nev

Maybe the husband likes it.

A mate once told me of a very attractive woman he met at a party, who after 10 minutes conversation invited him back to her place for a good time. 

He was keen as mustard,  until she said "you don't mind if my husband is in the room,  do you?"

He changed his mind very quickly. 

Well, so far, the thread has highlighted one of the biggest systemic problems with DV.

Unless you know personally how soul destroying a toxic relationship can be, there is no way to begin to understand that DV is the 'visible' tip of a mutually painful progressivly destructive relationship spiral.

Jerry, your experience with youe ex girlfriend would be a simple starting pount of one type of a dangerous relationship.

if I  develop the progression, you might begin to see the potential long term pattern. DV is not the result of bad men who always go around hitting and killing women, except cases of extreme psychopathy. It is mor likely a outcome of long term psychological abuse. And it might be the female or the male that causes the physical harm in the end. It might also be either party that runs the mental abuse.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

When I was growing up my dad was a heavy drinker and would blue with mum a lot, though it was verbal and not violent to her (though we copped it lots). For some reason my two brothers remember it being much worse than I do. This week one brother sent me an audio file of a tape recording he made in the seventies, well after I had left home, of a domestic dispute. My father was shouting swearing at mum because she hadn't started dinner. It sort of brought it all back, but it seems to me like someone else's life not mine.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I think I grew up on a different planet. There was never violence with my parents, although Dad liked a beer at the club. It wasn't until much later in life that I found out that my sister suffered from it in her marriage.