willedoo Posted March 22 Author Posted March 22 26 minutes ago, facthunter said: Boring,,,,,,, Nev You don't need to tell us Nev, we know you are. 1
willedoo Posted March 22 Author Posted March 22 We all know you don't lke sport, so be negative on another thread please. 1
willedoo Posted March 22 Author Posted March 22 There's an old saying - only boring people get bored. There's some truth in it.. 1
willedoo Posted March 22 Author Posted March 22 (edited) I'd like to expect better from you also Nev. We know you don't like football so why would you go to a football thread and bag the posts. Why would you do that? You don't have to be so negative and nasty. You've been told before at times on this forum, if you don't like a thread topic, stay away from it and let others enjoy it. You're a real sad sack at times. Edited March 22 by willedoo 1
willedoo Posted March 22 Author Posted March 22 So that's my thoughts on it. Please tell me if you were joking, and I'll apologise. But the way I read it was otherwise. 1
facthunter Posted March 22 Posted March 22 Of course it's a Joke. This is the OFF topic thread. Cheeses crust, why is everyone so sensitive? I thought you would expect a comment from me. What I say in respect of this Matter doesn't mean the end of the earth or Planes falling out of the sky. . Nev 1
willedoo Posted March 22 Author Posted March 22 If you were joking I apologise. The reason it wasn't obvious to me was because of your past history of bagging threads and posts you're not interested in. Who knows, you might have always been joking in that regard, but the printed word doesn't often convey that sentiment. Bear in mind Nev, you don't like football and you've made that well known before now. So if you see a post in a football thread and go there and post, logic says you are doing it to stir the pot. This time you got stirred back. 1
facthunter Posted March 22 Posted March 22 No, Mate You came in hot and fast. You did not HAVE to do that. Yeah. I do do jokes and some have a bit of a twist but that's not new. Incidentally I watched the entire Matilda's Vs Japan match last night and it was a bit boring but I watched people play their Heart out. Yeah I do like action and challenges, and not just watching, That's why if flew Planes for a living and ride motorbikes and work on them. By the way, I HATE golf too. An office Job would drive me to suicide.. Nev 1
Jerry_Atrick Posted September 19 Posted September 19 Well, that is my Saturday deflated. Good win to the Lions against the Hawks in the prelim today. In all honesty, the better team won, as when they put the jets on in the third quartert, the Lions were unstoppable. They would have had less legs than the Hawks as the Hawks had a week off. Still, for the Hawks, so close, yet soooooooo far...
old man emu Posted September 19 Posted September 19 It's ironic that the game created in Victoria, and derided for so long by the followers of other codes in other States, will have its 2026 competition decided by teams from at least one State which was amongst the deriders.
willedoo Posted 4 hours ago Author Posted 4 hours ago (edited) I forgot daylight savings had started and missed more than half of the NRLW grand final on Sunday. I read the start time as 4.00pm and assumed AEST and didn't read the fine print AEDT. Both the men's and women's finals are played at Accor Stadium in Sydney so that's why our tv guide listed the daylight savings start time. Probably a good thing I missed a fair bit of it; our girls got well and truly flogged by the Sydney Roosters. It was a good day for the Sydney Roosters taking out both the men's and women's premierships. Roosters halfback Daly Cherry-Evans played his last NRL match and went out on a high note with a premiership win and the fact it was his one point field goal kick that won the match for the Roosters with a 19-18 win over the Newcastle Knights. He was also the oldest NRL player to ever play in a grand final. There were over 80,000 fans there; I didn't realise Accor Stadium had that capacity. Edited 4 hours ago by willedoo
old man emu Posted 4 hours ago Posted 4 hours ago I remember back in the day when on Grand Final Day, the first match was the men's Reserve Grade Grand Final, followed by the First Grade. There were a couple of years in which the Grand Finalists in both grades were from the same club, and some clubs won both grades. In those times, during the competition season, there were three games played by teams representing each club. In other words, St George would be at home to, say, South Sydney. No other clubs playing on the same ground that day, and the games would be played at the home ground of the 'at home' team. Those grounds were rough and tumble suburban grounds. I suppose someting similar occured in the southern States. 1
willedoo Posted 3 hours ago Author Posted 3 hours ago Speaking of rough and tumble grounds, I well remember our primary school football field. It was a sloped field on the side of a hill and we would play across the slope. If you turned one way you were running uphill, turn the other way you ran downhill. It was just natural grass complete with stones and prickles which wasn't much fun as we all played in bare feet. The field also doubled as the cricket field, so the hard cricket pitch mid-field was an added hazard playing football. It was predictable. There were only two other schools we played. One was a smaller school and the other a larger school. Every time we played the smaller school we won and every time we played the larger school we lost, same result, year after year. These days the football field is fairly normal, excavated out and levelled, hopefully the prickles are gone.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now