Paranoia?

red750

I don't have a ' credit card ' & I don't budget.

IF

my pocket is empty I don't spent.

SIMPLE

BUT

My Grandies don't understand HOW I managed to Live this long .

How Can a person, Budget on our 'poverty Pension' , it looks like I won't be needing Any dieting this year 'again' .

' LOST ' another Kilo . LoL

spacesailor

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

• 3 weeks later...

My google home,  which I bought for a bit of a joke- to turn the bedroom lights off and on, is sometimes hard to get to listen to what you want it to do. Yet when I whispered “google are you spying on me” her reply was clear, “no, I am listening to be a better assistant to you”.

I think some times it should be turned off.

some caravans have Alexa installed and on a training course we were advised to unplug whilst working, as some customers had found an app to listen and provide a transcript. It had caught a few other service staff out for comments made in private.

paranoia is maybe our lizard brain (as Lee Child puts it in Jack Reacher novels) protecting us from things that may harm us.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

I think anyone who trusts large internet companies to do the right thing by us, is exceptionally trusting - or a complete fool. The amount of deviousness already displayed by Facebook, Google and others of their kind, is breathtaking.

• Agree 3

I needed a digital clock to display hrs mins secs, so I got onto the Apple App Store to look for one. The developer's name on every one was Chinese, or a business whose name sounded like Chingrish. I have a HUAWEI USB modem from Telstra. I wonder how much of my on line activity is being monitored in China.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, old man emu said:

I wonder how much of my on line activity is being monitored in China.

The old saying was that the pen is mightier than the sword. Has the pen now been replaced by the keyboard?

We must empress our sympathies to the Chinese if they are reading my crap!

• Haha 1