King Charles.

Yenn

Kijng Charles is the leader of the Church of England, in fact his job used to be called defender of the faith, but I believe they have dropped that bit.

In 1977 I went to Wales for the marriage of my wife's brother. He was highly religious as were all my wife's family. I think I have educated her out of that, but the rest of them are still the same.

My brother in law could not marry in the church where he used to worship, because his bride was a divorcee, so they got married in a registry office and had the reception at my father in laws farm. I being a non believer anyway stayed at the farm and set up the drinks stall. Guess who was the first to arrive to sample the drinks. The local vicar who wouldn't allow the wedding in his church. Was the reason so that he could be first in line for a drink? Maybe. When I pointed out the hypocricy to my brother in law he was most upset, saying I should not think such things about a man of the cloth.

Now I thought that Charles was a divorcee and so is Camilla. Would the church by hypocritical? No of course not a believer is always correct.

Is the fact that a large proportion of the population don't like Charles, because he spoiled the fairy tale marriage with Diana?

I reckon he will be a good king, just because he is proficient at hedge laying, which is something I did plenty of, but I didn;t do it as an art form which is what the competition hedge layers do.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

The reason Charles we Di was because Camilla was a divorcee back then and the Church wouldn't accept it. However, the Anglican church is a little more progressive than the Catholic Church and have since loosened their opposition to the monarch marrying divorcees. Well, that's what I read..

4 hours ago, facthunter said:

Churches keep quiet about a lot of things, but do they fool god?   Nev

They probably know more than most, there is no god... at least in the way religions embody it (that is called having a 2-way bet)

• Like 1
  • Informative 1