Closed captions on TV

red750

Peter, it appears you watch the standard free to air stuff and I agree, captions are truly terrible on those.

Have you tried any streaming services?  My hearing's not the best so I have captions on all the time with Netflix/Prime etc, and have never seen a word out of place - a far higher standard than the obviously automated free to air.

Edited by Marty_d
  • Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Today's howler.

On Sunrise, weather man Sam Mac was visiting the Yarra Valley, where he broadcast from confectionery maker. Walking around the factory, he said to the proprietor "I see you make your own eyes scream"  (ice cream).

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

The part that galls me about this section of the TV entertainment industry is that they produce absolute verbal drivel of no value, at all times - yet these "presenters" get paid salaries that are absolutely astronomical - in the order of $600K - $800K on average.

• Agree 1

THEY are the News and the ENTERTAINMENT. Thats how TRAGIC it all is. Often advertainment, Subtle if you've had enough beer. You can,  when you are being voluntarily  fooled into thinking you know about THINGS, come to believe it's the REAL world. Goebbels would be pleased knowing his method is being proven  to work, once again.  Nev

• Like 1

ontrack

It's a pitance , when compared to a bank C E O !.

$ 53 million P A plus a golden ( undisclosed  ) handshake .

Just over a $ 1/2 million , then has to watch his P & Qs. Less they get a court appearance thrown at them .

The C E Os I  have known are / were

lazy sods who preferred golf to work.

My uncle only went to ' work ' once a month .

BUT 

I know of one,  who got it down to one visit per YEAR  .

NO not jealous! , I refused to be one . ( lack of education ) No new car per year for me .

NOW , I could do with that extra cash ,. LoL

spacesailor

• Like 1