Genesis Chapter One - What tha?

old man emu

Lilith got Undeserved bad press in my opinion, probably spread by the new wife.

I'd rather have an intelligent free thinking mate than a dumb subservient one. Lilith was created from the same stuff as Adam - so was his equal. Eve was all he got in exchange for a spare rib.

Remember the saying 'Be careful what you wish for' ......

Adam got what he wished for. And MANkind has been suffering because of his egotistical childish wish ever since.

Edited by nomadpete

Therein lies a conundrum.

The concept of Satan.

It is not logical to believe that an all knowing, all powerful creator could be capable of creating anything that it couldn't control or unmake.

'All knowing' means that this creator already knew that Satan will be naughty.

Also means that the creator intended Satan to be what he/she/it is.

IE:- god created evil.

Either that, or Satan is more powerful than god, otherwise god would have despatched Satan yonks ago. So god, by definition, is not 'all powerful' after all.

(I mentioned that to my daughter and she doesn't talk to me anymore).

Is Satan more powerful than god? Maybe Satan created this god just to cause eternal wars on Earth?

(This is just an exercise in logic. I don't personally have any god or satan beliefs)

Edited by nomadpete
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, nomadpete said:

Eve was all he got in exchange for a spare rib.

And a preacher in the church I was raised in said once, in all seriousness, that this is why women have one less rib than men.

(Obviously didn't believe in that newfangled X-Ray stuff)...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Why stick to the Abrahamic god? There are thousands of others.

I don't agree that there is much useful in the morality department in most religious stuff. Slavery, for just one example,  is approved of generally.

Somebody said that the god of the old testament is one of the most unpleasant characters in all fiction, and he backed it up with a lot of stuff taken from the bible.

If revelations, for example had just one prophesy that was not within the mindset of a bronze-age tribesman, then I for one would be impressed. Alas, that task is a failure.

• Informative 1

1 minute ago, Bruce Tuncks said:

Gosh Marty, I would like to have asked that preacher about tits on men....

To be fair to him, the poor bugger had never had his hands anywhere near a woman's chest, so he didn't count the number of ribs.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1