Cold Weather

willedoo

For a country that that has colder climes than Melbourne (and possibly Tassie), I can't believe how sensitive to the cold the British population is... Entering peoples homes in winter is akin to entering a dry sauna; and even in mild conditions they will be rugged up like overgrown caterpillars.

Edited by Jerry_Atrick
  • Informative 1

That's something I noticed when we came to Tassie.

I still feel reasonably comfortable whithout heat but the locals were running their home heating flat out. I don't like being cold but I find that uncomfortable.  I swear their winter home heating is invariably hotter than summer.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

When Tassie Hydro was the go they'd open the windows rather than turn the Heat down if it got too hot. . Some set the thermostat at a figure you cool below in Summer..  wherever you are.  Some leave the aircond ON when away on holidays (for the gold fish)?. Nev

• Like 1

20 hours ago, facthunter said:

He's probably from Tasmania. The school kids are tough down there…

In northern Canada you often see daycare people pushing multi-seater prams full of toddlers down the street in what we might call atrociously cold weather. They are required to toughen up the kids.

Ed. Just added a pic, but it insists on coming thru upside down, despite being right way up in my Photos album. Must be because we’re Down Under…

52097FDA-F618-4A76-B4CF-87D0A469A985.jpeg

• Informative 1