A take on Australia

Jerry_Atrick

AND THERE,S THE KILLER SENTENCE ,.

" Under institutionalized control "

Just like the school kids in the fifties.

Bend over and take it like a man !,

You will not be different to this system. 

Our word Is law and You will obay, or suffer. 

We were soldiers and you will be made to be our slaves.

When leaving this school, you can Only be a miner or in the Army.

no choice for your type.

l lived that corporal punishment shool life with demobed soldiers for teachers .

spacesailor

Onetrack and jerry, you both say much that is correct but you actually explain why things are so bad. @ onetrack, it is too easy to blame the homeless themselves and you are correct... but if this were the complete truth, then why do we find some deserving people homeless? and Jerry, for sure they need lots more things but I say first give them a chance to sleep safe and dry. I bet that the self-esteem of having a place of their own would help a bit with the other stuff in some cases.

I don't rate myself as a bleeding heart, in fact if they didn't respond to the gift of a place to live, then I would throw them out for sure. But they would have been given a fair go.

There was an interview with a homeless guy on tv a while ago. He was thrown out of his housing trust flat because he often spent the rent money on new clothes, and he regretted doing this but it was too late. I thought he was a good advertisement for the idea of quarantining his money, which I would do instantly. They would get their welfare with a credit card which would not be valid for grog etc. Grog money would have to be earned by doing chores. Rent would be deducted before you saw the payment.

• Like 1