WhatsUp, Australia or wotsup Australia

nomadpete

The Mob that base their actions on facts and science will get my vote. Confusing it is a deliberate tactic. Hitler burned all the books and then kept repeating lies. It worked. The Germans by and large got behind him.. Nev

Ah, but look at them now. Had a sensible, thoughtful leader from a scientific background since 2005. Proof positive that there's hope for any country if they can learn from the mistakes of the past.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, but look at them now. Had a sensible, thoughtful leader from a scientific background since 2005. Proof positive that there's hope for any country if they can learn from the mistakes of the past.

It is a shame that we don't have any candidates like this

Former NASA astronaut Mark Kelly is running for the US Senate in Arizona

Kelly, who is also a former engineer, suggested that climate change will be one focus of his campaign, as warmer weather will lead to more droughts in Arizona. “We’ve seen this retreat from science and data and facts, and if we don’t take these issues seriously, we can’t solve these problems

For the Company, going franked raises their share price. so the extra value of the earnings is built into the price of the share. If the company don't make a profit( and have to pay tax) but still issues a dividend there are no franking credits that year. PART of the dividend may be franked or none, or all, depending on the PROFIT of the Company. It's because of the principle of double taxing but no country issues the tax paid by a company as a CASH payment to a person paying NO tax, but Australia.. Howard did it to buy votes... Nev

Read it again, Neil. It's no different from paying tax on overseas earnings. If we have an agreement with that country (reciprocal) you deduct the tax already paid to the other government from your tax liability here. You then pay the difference.. Not all companies get involved with franking credits but most like to have their share prices as high as possible for borrowing money and status reasons, and AS I SAID that raises the price of the share. You can take this into account when you INVEST your money in a particular company where yo get return on Capital by Dividends or a capital gain in the higher share price when (and If) you sell.

Neil, I just write the FACTS where I can and am NOT expressing a view one way or the other.. Companies can reduce their profits by giving shareholders money and save tax that way.. and carry forward losses. That's all normal and fair enough if its all transacted in an above board and transparent manner.. Nev