Lovely piece of music - JS Bach. For my good friend Octave.

Phil Perry

Never had a music teacher, plus I'm tone deaf, now with industrial deafness, plus crook fingers. So gave my Guitars away.Will have to get rid of the "Crate" amp soon, as its taking up space.

spacesailor

That's terrible Spacey. . . . I can't sing for toffee but oddly, I was gifted with an ability to instantly recognize some musical notes, irrespective of their scale register. I find 'G' the most easily recognizable tone. My Mother had a similar penchant for 'A'. . . but then she had a voice like an angel and sang in Choirs for many years.

My Youngest Daughter's partner is tone deaf. He has been an amateur guitar luthier for quite a long time, but has to employ external visual tuning devices to set them up after rebuilds. . . cruel that. . .

... I was gifted with an ability to instantly recognize some musical notes, irrespective of their scale register. . . .

Interesting, Phil. Although both my parent played instruments (they were of the generation before radio and TV) I didn't learn, despite their best efforts. But... I can recall hundreds of tunes- even whole symphonies- and play them thru in my head.

Shame I can't plug that into a good PA system...