greens are

storchy neil

All true, Nev. What I carry is a compromise between competing safety factors; surviving an outlanding or prang, and not overloading a tiny little airframe which was originally designed for short-range joyflights. The total emergency kit is about 4.5kg. It includes water, headlight, mirror, tools, first-aid kit, string, tie-downs, rope, thermal blanket, large orange garbage bags, green teabags, muesli bars and a couple of mizzo soup sachets, all in a peach tin for boiling water.

Being raised in the bush I have some skill in finding water, but I still try to avoid crossing large uninhabited areas. I carry a beacon on my belt and my other half can follow me on Ozrunways and Glimpse. (It has its down side; while riding home from Darwin she phones me: "Slow down, you're doing 140!".

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, That's fun too. Just imagine having nothing better to do than play the Pokies in some soul destroying club, or weave baskets after you have gone mad. Fixing your plane stops you needing to weave baskets as therapy. Nev

Building my plane is my "happy place". Just me in the shed, building, with one ear on Radio National. It keeps me sane. (or an approximation)

Jeez it'll be good when it's finally finished!

But Marty what's finished? It's been flyable for over a decade. I go for a trip every month or so, and afterwards make a few improvements- or fix the damage from the last attempt.

Today it occurred to me that it may never be as good as when I first flew it- when I had much more patience and enthusiasm.

But Marty what's finished? It's been flyable for over a decade. I go for a trip every month or so, and afterwards make a few improvements- or fix the damage from the last attempt.

Today it occurred to me that it may never be as good as when I first flew it- when I had much more patience and enthusiasm.

Sorry OK... bad joke... I knew your plane was flying but attempted jocularity about the ongoing improvements.

That's ok, my wife doesn't laugh at my jokes either.

Sorry OK... bad joke... I knew your plane was flying but attempted jocularity about the ongoing improvements.

That's ok, my wife doesn't laugh at my jokes either.

No problem Marty. I've been keeping an eye on your project. Last Saturday a few of us flew to Cessnock and saw lots of nice aircraft including a neat 601.