Runaway Wallaby still on the loose in Cornwall.

Phil Perry

Bloody hell, they make the news over there?

On most winter nights I have to slow to about 40 up our road to avoid a dozen or so of the silly buggers.

But wallabies should be safe from Rolf Harris... it was kangaroos he tied down (among other things).

Bloody hell, they make the news over there?

On most winter nights I have to slow to about 40 up our road to avoid a dozen or so of the silly buggers.

But wallabies should be safe from Rolf Harris... it was kangaroos he tied down (among other things).

Got to be honest Marty,. . . I didn't know that there were so many of them around in the UK ! . . . .

Wrong end of the state PM. Even though Launceston is only 200km away, us Hobartians rarely travel there...

You can always pick an interstate visitor though, they're the ones pronouncing it "Lawn-ceston".

Local 'Cornwallies' call our version 'LAWNSTUN'. . .Moi dear. . . ..

There's no "stun" in Tasmania' s Lawn cess ton.

Nothing stunning there at all,

Locals are apparently incapable of coping with polysyllabic words, it took me a long time to realise that "Lonnie" wasn't somebody's girlfriend. No cess. No stun.

• 4 weeks later...
When I first arrived in theUK I sheepishly admit I couldn't find Lester Square

Oh, don't worry about that mate,. . .even the locals have problems with Like ester. . .even in Like ester city itseff,. . . . although, to be fair, it is predominantly populated mainly by Hindu Indians. . . great food and no choppy choppy. . .Luv Lester ( the one in Lestershyre that iz . . . ) NICE little airport just outside the City to the East, tarmac runways, great cafe, good bunch of Gals 'N' guys,

I landed there for a break not long back, ferrying a mate's plane from the East coast. . .the guy on the Air/Ground wireless said, "you better hurry and book in, we're closing in 5 minutes. . . "

.so I rushed my tie down and signed in right on the dot and got handed the bill. . .they said if I'd been later, they couldn't have charged me anything as it was outside licencing hours. . .

£12 landing fee . . . . the Cynical capitalist barstards. . .

I couldn't point out where that Nightingale sang in Lahndon, regrettably. . .sorry. . .

There's a character called Chumley on the show Pawnstars. He is an American boofhead. But I have wondered whether his real name is Cholmondeley.

Don't think I've ever seen the show,. . .but you could be right I guess, that was an old upper class family name in England.

I've got a mate named Micky Cadwallader. . . .that stands out here amongst the Smiths and Jones . . .