Supermassive black hole NGC1277 put in perspective

[ATTACH]48725._xfImport[/ATTACH]

NGC 1277. . .That reminds me of the Reggoe of the Starship Enterprise. . !

Now, I can understand why they'd use External graphics in English when travelling through OUR galaxy, the Milky Way, since English is the best, most descriptive and complete language there is, which is why it's the Galactic lingo, as any life form in our galaxy would no doubt evolve to use the best one. . . but. . . in the Delta Quadrant ? ?. . .Come on now. . .?

2122373159_BLACKHOLE.thumb.jpg.be3e517738bbff9da8775e29edbb9e94.jpg

This is all very well,. . but since Black Holes are still a 'Mathematical Probablilty'. . . .We have no solid evidence to confirm this,. . . So until they dig up that Star Gate thingy somewhere in Egypt,. . Karnak was it ?. . .we'll never really know . . .

There is a black hole fairly close to my Karnakas.

There was one of those in my mate's dunny in North Qld mate. . . .he actually fell in.

Following this nauseating experience, he's modified the seat with a much smaller and therefore Safer event horizon. . .

True story, a neighbour of ours has a long drop dunny down near his dam (he often has barbeques down there, and, well, you don't want to have to walk all the way up the hill to the house if you're prairie-dogging).

Anyway, the other day he dropped his mobile phone in... even worse, he fished it out again. Of course, it didn't work.

True story, a neighbour of ours has a long drop dunny down near his dam (he often has barbeques down there, and, well, you don't want to have to walk all the way up the hill to the house if you're prairie-dogging).

Anyway, the other day he dropped his mobile phone in... even worse, he fished it out again. Of course, it didn't work.

Reminds me of an incident in the book Flying Blind, where the doctor is called to a tiny outback pub to rescue a lady who's fallen into the toilet. She's enormous and the entire town's population stand back while he goes down the pit.

A book well worth reading; I almost ruptured my internals.

Flying Blind (Mike Hazzard, #1)

• 2 months later...

I was a junior engineer in the waterworks when this foreman lost his false teeth into a sewage sump. He stripped off, climbed down and fished around ( the sewage was about a metre deep) until he found the teeth. Then he had no pocket to put them in and had to climb these rungs festooned with slippery shit.

So he "washed " them and put them in his mouth.

This is how legends begin...