. . .IF THE USA DECIDES TO ATTACK RUSSIA. . . .

Phil Perry

I have just returned from a pleasant afternoon gathering of the large extended Perry Family at a nice Gastro Pub on Cannock Chase. . ( The Barley Mow ) There were 14 of us, . . .regrettably. five of these are bloody lefties. . .and they deliberately wind me up as they know that I am slightly to the right of Ghengis Khan. . .. We had a right ding dong, and Wifey isn't speaking to me at the moment, as I lost my bloody rag and let them have it with all nine barrels, whilst she was kicking the hell out of my shins under the table the cow !. (My legs innarf bloody sore right now . . .)

We finally got down to a question by leftie Nephew Brian (UNI educated - Sociology studies lecturer at a campus in Manchester )

With regard to whether the Russians would ever attack the UK. He said that, as far as he understood it. . . WE ( the UK ) had loads of hidden missile silos spread all around the country, and the Russians wouldn't dare. . . . ( ? ) Below is my response, most of it delivered through tight lips and gritted teeth.

"Do the UK have land based silos containing launch-ready Nuclear missiles ? "

According to some of my well experienced and assorted ex-military contacts,. . .NO, We Don’t. We only have the Trident Submarine fleet based at Faslane, in Scotland.

Which means that the Russians also know this, THEREFORE, the only significant 'tangible TARGETS' of any nuclear strike by Russia upon the UK, would be restricted to specific military installations like the Nuke submarine base at Faslane, Scotland, Fylingdales listening and communications post ( Staffed and run by Americans ) in North Yorkshire, GCHQ in Cheltenham. MI5 / 6 HQ in London, RAF Mildenhall ( USAF ) with it's satellite airfield RAF Lakenheath nearby, These are Both RAF station, but do NOT have an RAF commander. They are totally controlled by the Americans. And then of course, the international satellite communications hub at Goonhilly Downs.

The Fighter / interceptor base near Aberdeen would also be a prime target, Along with the Royal Navy base at Portsmouth ( Though we have very few operational Navy ships left due to Government cuts )

The Transport / logistics Command hub at RAF Brize Norton would be another target. . . These could all be wiped out by very small 'Tactical Battlefield Nuke warheads, all contained within ONE or perhaps TWO Multi warhead ICBM missiles whch would strike more or less simultaneously, leaving us both BLIND AND DEFENCELESS. . .! ! ! ! The USA has the MX missile, which can contain Around 12 independently targeted nuclear warheads of 1.8 megatons yield each. . ..The Russians have similar M.I.R.V. ( Multiple Independent Re-entry

Vehicle) missiles, carrying up to nine, or even ten, separately targeted warheads )

If we upset Russia to that extent, we would be knackered in a matter of five minutes, with 'Minimal' collateral damage to population centres. . .( Apart from a few in London. . . which is no great loss as it's filled with bloody useless politicians, anyhow ). . .which would be of little loss, since they are largely complicit in getting us into this bloody mess in the first place. . . ..,

The country's infrastructure would rapidly grind to a halt, when the electricity grid went down due to EMP.. . leading to NO communications, Yes, No mobile phones, No internet .No landlines, no food distribution, leading rapidly to riots at supermarkets with food and other essential products stripped from the shelves within 8 -12 hours.

London BBC HQ blown to bits ( YAY ! There's one fecking plus at least. . .) That would be a wonderful development, with the removal of one of the largest, evil state sponsored negative, Pro EU propaganda barriers to any and all advancement in Britain today.

NO. . . .I would prefer it if we didn't back the Russians into such a corner where they thought that this was their only possible response to America's closest ally.. . . I wish this purely on a selfish note, as, although I have sufficient tins of baked beans, Tomato soup, Mackerel fillets in tomato sauce, tinned peas, tinned carrots, tinned sweetcorn, boxed cornflakes, tinned custard, jars of vegemite, sacks of wheat, flour and a bread making machine, loads of camping Gaz cylinders, coffee, tea, powdered milk and 12 Gauge / .410 Shottie cartridges to last six to eight months,. .Plenty of ammo for my 'Hunting Rifle' [ Lots of Mobile Venison wandering around on Cannock Chase forest ] ( Or even longer for the ammo, assuming no one tries to steal my tinned food and soft bogrolls. . )

I also have a tank out the back of the house, this used to contain heating oil. . .It has 2,400 litres of red diesel ( untaxed stuff ) for my 7.5 KVa gennie. . . . so at least I can sit there with the lights on,. . .and listen to what radio / TV is still being transmitted. . . I wonder if Radio Australia still transmits on shortwave ?

MIND YOU. . .If I ever ran out of decent softy bogroll,. . . I would find it annoying to say the least of it. . ., as newspaper is a bit rough for my tender old botty, ALTHOUGH having said that, I would derive some most appropriate enjoyment from using copies of the Guardian,. . well hung in the home built ‘home dug outside’ dunny. . ..uncomfortable though it may be in the winter months . . .In MY case, this would be political correctness personified. . . .

Well prime targets these days would be the larger computer servers, where ever they might be. I wouldn't want to be living anywhere near Amazon (the book people), the information they hold on their servers, larger than most Governments combined, would put them higher than Washington as a target.

I saw first hand the panic buying of all water and food in the days after the earthquake here, scary stuff people, very scary, and that was only a localised event. We drove an hour to Chengdu to our other house, and everything was near normal. So as crazy as most of you would think the storage of food by these "conspiracy theorists" and "survival nuts" is, they might just have the last laugh on you.

Phil, I understand that you may be a trifle ruffled by last night's friendly debate.

It's nice to hear that you have provided a plan B to help you survive half way through a nuclear winter. However it is seriously remiss of you to overlook the most important survival item. How could you possibly spend eight months gloating over BBC's utter destruction, without a stockpile of fine Australian red?

What were you thinking?

BTW, does the family have to find a new pub for their convivial gatherings?

After seeing the effects of the MOAB, and hearing that Russia has a bigger one (FOAB), I think that nuclear weapons have had their day. These massive bombs seem to be able to do the necessary destruction without the collateral radioactive nasties.

Let's hope that North Korea doesn't make the LOAB, or China the MFOAB.

OME

>

>

>

>

LOAB = Lodger of all bombs

MFOAB = Motherfvcker of all bombs

Phil, I understand that you may be a trifle ruffled by last night's friendly debate.It's nice to hear that you have provided a plan B to help you survive half way through a nuclear winter. However it is seriously remiss of you to overlook the most important survival item. How could you possibly spend eight months gloating over BBC's utter destruction, without a stockpile of fine Australian red?

What were you thinking?

BTW, does the family have to find a new pub for their convivial gatherings?

Actually Pete. . .I STILL have around 75 bottles of that flood damaged wine / spirit stock which you may remember me buying a couple of years back. . .lots of these are 'Evidently' red wine and the guy told me that there was deffo some Aussie stuff in amongst it. .( No Labelling on any of it )

Hunter Valley and Jacobs Creek were mentioned. . ..I've only tried one bottle thus far which I would have preferred to pour over my fish and chips. . . plenty of scope left there I think. . .( I think. . .therefore I drink. . .)

The Pub management did NOT request that we steer clear in future either ! It was Nephew Brian who did most of the shouty stuff,. . .apparently this wins arguments where he hangs out. . . ?

I wouldn't re-book a meal there TBQH, the food was sort of OK, but nothing special. I can get 'OK meals at the local carvery pub for a third of what we paid per head there ! ( 35 quid each average. . .) paying over a fiver for a 250 mL glass of wine is a bit steep too. . . The place was also very poorly lit. I don't like eating and arguing in the dark. . . preferring a little more illumination really, I can see the enemy clearly, AND it's easier to read the menu !

After seeing the effects of the MOAB, and hearing that Russia has a bigger one (FOAB), I think that nuclear weapons have had their day. These massive bombs seem to be able to do the necessary destruction without the collateral radioactive nasties.

Let's hope that North Korea doesn't make the LOAB, or China the MFOAB.

OME

>

>

>

>

LOAB = Lodger of all bombs

MFOAB = Motherfvcker of all bombs

MILOAB . . .Mother In Law Of All Bombs ?. . .I think someone already mentioned that horrific weapon. . . .

Well my biggest concern is that if anybody does start WW3, there will be panic buying at our local liquor outlets. I haven't yet built up a survival stock of red. We live high on a hill and our north deck should afford a nice view of the glow over mainland Australia. It's pretty safe down in Tassie as it isn't marked on most maps (no oil here) and the world doesn't even know it exists.

I love to watch that great comedy series "Doomsday Preppers" on TV. To their credit these paranoid individuals often believe in stocking up lots of spirits. But the cretins only seem to consider American whisky!

. . . ' the cretins only seem to consider American whisky! '

Ahh, but have you thought this through ? . . .La rouge plonk isn't much use to sterilise a gunshot wound or serious laceration suffered whilst protecting your stash. . . . I guess it could help as anaesthetic if you mixed it with whisky though. . . .

You're dead right about the land of your abode ,. . . .most folks here have heard of Australia, . .but I've convinced many of them (with a deadly serious face ) that 'Tasmania' is a rare debilitating disease, and usually fatal. . . . .spacer.png

They always claimed that they only bought whisky to use as barter (cash not much use after doomsday).

What I really like about the show is the glaring oversights the people make when they try to save themselves from their particular favorite disaster. Stuff like spending $100,000 on an underground bunker, with food and bottled water to last six months, but no toilet or Washbasin, or fresh air supply. Then it rained and the bunker filled with water. Another family feared EMP causing society to collapse, set up a rural survival place which was only 40 minute drive from home. Oblivious to the fact that the car wouldn't go if there was a EMP.

Need an oldish Diesel truck with a cranking handle and NO engine computers ! Petrol /Gasoline deteriorates over time, but I can make my own biofuel / ram raid some fish and chip shops for their used cookin' oil. . .all for the dirty diesel to drink. . . . . .

I gave up stockpiling and drinking red wine about 8 months ago. But in the event of global nuclear war, I think I'd give it another go.

I often wonder if the more global economy in modern times prevents WW3 from breaking out. No country can sustain itself in isolation these days.

The only thing Russia has for sale is oil, gas and military hardware, so they have to be nice to everyone to be able to make a quid. The U.S. relies on a lot of foreign components in their military equipment. Boeing can't make an airplane without Russian titanium and NASA can't launch a rocket without Russian rocket engines. Maybe it's the way of the future, where no country can afford to go to war because we're all interdependent.

It would work ok providing we don't get some unqualified, unpredictable, mad person in control. I'm sure that could never happen.

but I've convinced many of them (with a deadly serious face ) that 'Tasmania' is a rare debilitating disease, and usually fatal. . . . .spacer.png

Good... the last thing we need down here are more Poms...

Phil old son - I'd hazard a wager that blood pressure is going to get you before Vlad pushes the button!!

Some of the 'Comments' are typically American 'Cutesy Wootsey' aren't they ?. . . .*Giggle* Oh My Gaaaad. . .it'z world war three. . .

This has been happening along the Northern coast of Scotland for decades, and still does. . . sometimes the RAF send a small 'Greetings' committee, who wave and take pictures. . . . .and often they don't bother.

@Phil Perry - with the lights on with all that diesel, you would be a prime target after amageddon... Hope you have plenty of US Whisky for the war wounds as scotch is too fine to waste, even cleasning royals wounds...

Hey, no flies on me matey,. . No,.. .I bought some of them really good Infra Violet and Ultra Red disco lamps from Ebay. . .and some special glasses so that Only I can see . . .gotta be careful Y'know. . .