'BUS' SIZED ASTEROID PASSING CLOSE TO EARTH TONIGHT

Phil Perry

Well, in the words of Billy Bob Thornton in "Armageddon" (am I extremely sad if I admit I liked that movie?)

"Well, our object collison budget's a million dollars, that allows us to track about 3% of the sky, and beg'n your pardon sir, but it's a big-ass sky!"

What Spacey? Why would you want all your cash under the pillow when the asteroid hits? You can't take it with you (in spite of what those rich Egyptians thought when the made pyramids)

Not only the cash, I'd max out the credit cards too - not like I'd be around for the bill. You may not be able to take it with you but you can spend it on one hell of a party before it happens!

• 2 weeks later...
Just had a quick look & printed 6 pages of "close to earth objects) for February to March 2017.Makes you wonder how they keep missing us!.

spacesailor

Hmmm. . .sort of similar to Russian Roulette,. . .except that you can't see most of the bullets until they've almost hit you. . . .

They keep missing cos space is really big ... really really big .. compared with planets and stuff.

It's the same as mid-airs between aircraft. The sky is really big compared to Jabirus.

Think of a roulette wheel with billions of slots and 2 balls. What is the chance that both balls will occupy the same slot?