nomadpete Posted Tuesday at 09:47 AM Posted Tuesday at 09:47 AM I know you aren't really after a trike, but this might stimulate your imagination. Especially the front wheel setup. 2 1
willedoo Posted Tuesday at 10:22 AM Author Posted Tuesday at 10:22 AM 32 minutes ago, nomadpete said: I know you aren't really after a trike, but this might stimulate your imagination. Especially the front wheel setup. That's a work of art. Pete, I don't think the imagination needs stimulating; it's more the work ethic that needs some stimulation.
willedoo Posted Tuesday at 10:23 AM Author Posted Tuesday at 10:23 AM It looks a bit like a three wheeled dragster.
Marty_d Posted Tuesday at 11:46 AM Posted Tuesday at 11:46 AM Love the nav light on the 'wing'- which is a formed part of the rocker cover. 1
Siso Posted Tuesday at 08:54 PM Posted Tuesday at 08:54 PM https://www.rotecaerosport.com/motorcycles 1 1
nomadpete Posted Tuesday at 10:24 PM Posted Tuesday at 10:24 PM 1 hour ago, Siso said: https://www.rotecaerosport.com/motorcycles Now you are talking. How about another Australian motor - three cylinder radial - 200hp/litre. Presently 2 litre. When fitted to VW / Porsch they claim it doesn't sit closer to ground than the old flat 4. And the note!! https://www.enginebuildermag.com/2021/06/eotw-radial-motions-three-cylinder-compact-radial-engine/ 1
nomadpete Posted Tuesday at 11:33 PM Posted Tuesday at 11:33 PM And there is a Aussie 3 cyl radial powered bike under construction - all you need is a sidecar for the farm! https://silodrome.com/radial-engined-motorcycle/ 1
willedoo Posted Wednesday at 02:53 AM Author Posted Wednesday at 02:53 AM And not to forget Allan Millyard's five litre Pratt and Whitney v-twin. Also American Al Hackel's custom chopper with a single pot from a Wright R975. 1
willedoo Posted Wednesday at 03:09 AM Author Posted Wednesday at 03:09 AM I've often thought of doing something with the R-670 jug that I have. It's in good condition with the valves, rocker gear and rocker covers. I just wish I had two of them, it would make a great three litre v-twin. A nice pot with a lot of character. I've also got a couple of Cyclone 9 pots but they're huge and ugly, much like the Millyard P & W's, so they'll remain as paperweights. Just for a laugh I lined the R-670 pot up in the M-63 Ural frame the other day and it took up most of the available engine space, no room at all for a bottom end. 1
willedoo Posted Wednesday at 03:13 AM Author Posted Wednesday at 03:13 AM Kickstarting Al Hackel's 1700cc Wright thumper: 1
willedoo Posted Wednesday at 03:25 AM Author Posted Wednesday at 03:25 AM They're handy people in a workshop. Al Hackel built most of the motor himself but I think he might have got somebody else to grind the cams. Allan Millyard delves fairly deep into it; he even makes his own carburettors at times.
Siso Posted Wednesday at 03:58 AM Posted Wednesday at 03:58 AM Bristol Hercules sleeve valve. don't know if he has finished it. 2
willedoo Posted 9 hours ago Author Posted 9 hours ago The old M-63 Ural frame is out of the equation. The high ground clearance frame doesn't allow anywhere near the cradle height to accommodate the engine. From ground to the bottom of the frame is 240mm, and that's with 16" wheels and not the 19" originals. Ok for the original boxer twin engine but hard to fit any other type in it. The Ural frame will hang on the wall waiting for a boxer engine to show up one day. 1
willedoo Posted 9 hours ago Author Posted 9 hours ago So it's back to plan A to custom build a frame. A bit of work involved but at least it can be built to requirements instead of trying to adapt an unsuitable frame. I've got an old frame hanging about which might be ok for a couple of donor bits. Chopping the steering head, main spine and front down tubes as one piece and using it is feasible and would save a bit of work.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now