nomadpete Posted yesterday at 09:47 AM Posted yesterday at 09:47 AM I know you aren't really after a trike, but this might stimulate your imagination. Especially the front wheel setup. 1 1
willedoo Posted yesterday at 10:22 AM Author Posted yesterday at 10:22 AM 32 minutes ago, nomadpete said: I know you aren't really after a trike, but this might stimulate your imagination. Especially the front wheel setup. That's a work of art. Pete, I don't think the imagination needs stimulating; it's more the work ethic that needs some stimulation.
willedoo Posted yesterday at 10:23 AM Author Posted yesterday at 10:23 AM It looks a bit like a three wheeled dragster.
Marty_d Posted 22 hours ago Posted 22 hours ago Love the nav light on the 'wing'- which is a formed part of the rocker cover. 1
nomadpete Posted 11 hours ago Posted 11 hours ago 1 hour ago, Siso said: https://www.rotecaerosport.com/motorcycles Now you are talking. How about another Australian motor - three cylinder radial - 200hp/litre. Presently 2 litre. When fitted to VW / Porsch they claim it doesn't sit closer to ground than the old flat 4. And the note!! https://www.enginebuildermag.com/2021/06/eotw-radial-motions-three-cylinder-compact-radial-engine/ 1
nomadpete Posted 10 hours ago Posted 10 hours ago And there is a Aussie 3 cyl radial powered bike under construction - all you need is a sidecar for the farm! https://silodrome.com/radial-engined-motorcycle/ 1
willedoo Posted 7 hours ago Author Posted 7 hours ago And not to forget Allan Millyard's five litre Pratt and Whitney v-twin. Also American Al Hackel's custom chopper with a single pot from a Wright R975. 1
willedoo Posted 7 hours ago Author Posted 7 hours ago I've often thought of doing something with the R-670 jug that I have. It's in good condition with the valves, rocker gear and rocker covers. I just wish I had two of them, it would make a great three litre v-twin. A nice pot with a lot of character. I've also got a couple of Cyclone 9 pots but they're huge and ugly, much like the Millyard P & W's, so they'll remain as paperweights. Just for a laugh I lined the R-670 pot up in the M-63 Ural frame the other day and it took up most of the available engine space, no room at all for a bottom end. 1
willedoo Posted 7 hours ago Author Posted 7 hours ago Kickstarting Al Hackel's 1700cc Wright thumper: 1
willedoo Posted 6 hours ago Author Posted 6 hours ago They're handy people in a workshop. Al Hackel built most of the motor himself but I think he might have got somebody else to grind the cams. Allan Millyard delves fairly deep into it; he even makes his own carburettors at times.
Siso Posted 6 hours ago Posted 6 hours ago Bristol Hercules sleeve valve. don't know if he has finished it. 2
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now