Climate change. . .

Phil Perry

Who said there is a net energy gain from the fact that CO2 is more opaque to infra-red than it is to visible wavelengths? There is less radiated back out to space, but no net energy gain.

Gosh if the net energy gain were true then you could make a perpetual motion machine.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

......net energy gain within the Earth's atmosphere, not the entire universe! Which is why it warms up (globally).

If there were a net energy loss within the Earth's atmosphere, it would cool down. If there was no change, aside from seasonal fluctuations, the temperature would be relatively stable.

There's nothing about this which violates the law of conservation of energy. The Earth is not an "isolated" system. Energy comes in from space, energy escapes to space, and some energy is transferred into other types. Incoming and outgoing energy from the Earth are not exactly equal (at least that is what the scientific research shows at the moment).

OK dutch, it was just a wording thing. If you had said "within the earth's atmosphere" then I would not have reacted. What you say is quite correct.

I used to teach this sort of stuff for a living. Now I reckon making fun of ridiculous unscientific nonsense is my duty.

I thought after reading all the past post someone would see " more evaporation" of the oceans would definitely create more clouds thus blanketing the earth

from the sun, Temperature does nothing to make deserts, as "McMurdo dry valley has shown, ( great place to fly as no icing will occur ).

spacesailor

Here's a bit of science anyone could do in a school lab: get a long glass tube and put a frequency-adjustable emitter at one end and a receiver at the other.

Fill the tube with different gases and see how the CO2 was transparent to visible light and opaque to infra-red.

I thought after reading all the past post someone would see " more evaporation" of the oceans would definitely create more clouds thus blanketing the earth from the sun

High clouds trap more heat. Low clouds reflect more sunlight. Depends where the increased cloud cover is. There's quite a bit of scientific debate over which is more likely and to what degree but most of the research so far supports cloud feedback being positive (warming) overall. There is a degree of uncertainty over this (it's fully admitted by the scientists).

Is that the same UN branch that systematically rapes children? Or more the disease spreading branch? Hey have a dose of cholera to go with your polio vaccine, it's awesome according to leftoids. Lolita Express was just for the benefit of poor children too hey Dutch? But the Clinton Foundation also gave out free bottles of water so perhaps a bit of fiddling is not so bad if it's done by lefties? spacer.png

The whole fascist organisation is rotten to the core and needs to be urgently shut down, everyone except tyrants would be the better for it.

Oooooookay. Let me see if I've got this right.

Bill Clinton flew a number of times on a private jet which happened to owned by a sex offender. Never any suggestion he knew this guy was doing it (cos like, sex offenders always tell everyone they know their little secret don't they?) but....it's bad somehow.....for Clinton. You know Trump was a buddy of the same guy don't you? But it's not bad for him because......ummmm........

And this is linked to UNICEF because......

And cholera is being spread by the UN hidden in polio vaccines or something?

And......this is happening while the UN rapes children.....with polio and cholera......on a jet owned by a guy.....

Nah, sorry Gnu. You've lost me.

spacer.png

That's because you know very little about what the UN actually does. Hopefully all their US funding will be cut.

Yeah....you know, you get me thinking a lot about of stuff, especially my perception of what goes on in the world and whether everything is really as it seems. The other day while sorting stuff out from our recent move, I was looking at this painting. It's done by a guy who took a photo taken of my wife when she was working with the UN as part of UNTAET. She's got the blue UN cap and the white UN badge. You'd know what UNTAET was......without googling it.....of course. I know very little about the stuff they do in 3rd world countries, as you say.

I know she was always armed with a 9mm semi-automatic pistol while there (even had to sleep with it). And I thought to myself after reading your stuff about the UN.....have I actually just been looking at evidence associated with a crime? What did she do to that poor child? Whatever happened to him? I'm going to do some investigating - I could be about to bust open the latest UN scandal!

Sorry for the thread drift....but Gnu has me really questioning whether my universe is real.

[ATTACH]48029._xfImport[/ATTACH]

IMG_0610_1.thumb.JPG.11dca06a5fe883b0d9167d6eb8481425.JPG

When I was in ET early in 2000 there weren't many folk feeling the need to sleep with a weapon onset their pillow. Unless they were very near the border. I heard quite a number of interesting stories from UN folk and others but nothing at all about alleged sexual abuse. Remember there was no law nor police for a while and if anyone wanted to misbehave, they probably did. But word went around very quickly. As I said, I heard nothing to support Gnu's claim

I would like us to earmark our contributions to the UN so that they went only to useful stuff like Dutch's wife did and even then the money was properly accounted for.

Of course this is too hard a thing to ask for.

I would do the same to the local council and stop them paying obscene salaries to too many chiefs.

If I can't win this with the local council, what hope is there of reforming the UN?