rgmwa Posted Sunday at 03:10 AM Posted Sunday at 03:10 AM Presumably it would be trained using published data in the same way a human researcher would. The facts wouldn’t be owned by anyone if they were publicly available. If the AI hacked into proprietary data that might be a problem.
nomadpete Posted 4 hours ago Posted 4 hours ago OK. Should this go here, or 'wot trump did today'? The Whithouse opened a new A.I. gov website. Using Super Intelligence, it told public true answers ....... until the admin changed it's programming to be less honest. https://youtu.be/aAFzt-ee5L0?si=WU2dJA1D4O7BzFYx
old man emu Posted 2 hours ago Author Posted 2 hours ago 1 hour ago, nomadpete said: OK. Should this go here, or 'wot trump did today'? Tough call! A certain number keeps coming into my mind - 1984.
nomadpete Posted 2 hours ago Posted 2 hours ago Just now, old man emu said: Tough call! A certain number keeps coming into my mind - 1984. And the Ministry of Truth. Where history is continually revised to reflect whatever dear leader says each day. Tis about time we make '1984' and 'Brave New World' compulsory reading for everyone.
old man emu Posted 2 hours ago Author Posted 2 hours ago If we members here want to get an understanding of AI, I suggest they read this Wikipedia entry describing the history of AI. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_artificial_intelligence to acquant themselves with the road AI has travelled from a confluence of ideas that became prevalent in the late 1930s, 1940s, and early 1950s. In 1950, Turing published a landmark paper, "Computing Machinery and Intelligence", in which he speculated about the possibility of creating machines that think.[53][b] In the paper, he noted that "thinking" is difficult to define and devised his famous Turing test: If a machine could carry on a conversation (over a teleprinter) that was indistinguishable from a conversation with a human being, then it was reasonable to say that the machine was "thinking" 1
facthunter Posted 59 minutes ago Posted 59 minutes ago Some conversations with Some humans involves little thinking.. . Knowledge is not the same as thinking. A conversation in abstractions might be a good test. Also discourse on Philosophy Art and Logic would be interesting. Intelligence is the ability to process and apply Inputs. Memory may be Photographic. Big advantage. Nev 1
nomadpete Posted 31 minutes ago Posted 31 minutes ago Well if you listened to the clip I posted above, you will see how A.I. is presently being implemented. Bear in mind that trump got the best A.I. to create his A.I. powered government website. Then, as soon as it gave inconveniently true answers to public questions, the administrators modified the A.I. to respond with answers that were politically modified. Of course greater computing systems COULD be a boon to humanity. But A.I.'s are being created by billionaires who care little about anyone but themselves, and are being facilitated by politicians with similar motives.
facthunter Posted 26 minutes ago Posted 26 minutes ago I think that at present it's not that difficult to PICK AI driven responses. It searches existing sources, asks if you want more of a specified type. If you ask a curly one it hesitates for a considerable time. I find it useful at times. Dog knows what it will develop into. Like Many good things, TV and the NET, It will be corrupted by those who wish to exploit for their wicked ends. Nev
nomadpete Posted 21 minutes ago Posted 21 minutes ago 4 minutes ago, facthunter said: It will be corrupted by those who wish to exploit for their wicked ends. Nev Too late! Already happening.
facthunter Posted 13 minutes ago Posted 13 minutes ago Corrupted MORE than it already is. We have to devise a way of Managing it.. Nev 1
pmccarthy Posted 10 minutes ago Posted 10 minutes ago Back in the 1970s I use to talk to Eliza, the very first AI, to amuse my children. Here is an emulator if you want to try it today. Eliza (elizabot.js)
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now