Who is funding all these "advocacy" mobs?

old man emu

Have you ever noticed that whenever the media does a story about the need for the government to do something, they seem to be able to quote a spokesperson for some mob claiming to be an source of advice on the subject?

Ignoring the reason for the story in this https://thedriven.io/2023/11/26/disappointing-fuel-efficiency-standard-hits-speed-hump-in-blow-to-rapid-switch-to-evs/ have a look at the organisations referred to: Australian Electric Vehicle Association, Federal Chamber of Automotive Industries, Climate Council, a well as the recipient of this "advice,  Federal Transport Minister.

I've used this article as a quick grab to illustrate my point, and you can easily find other examples, especially where the advocacy relates to government interaction with business practices. My question is, "Who is providing the money to employ these spokespersons and the support staff needed to run the organisations?". I bet none of these spokespersons would get out of bed for less than a six-figure salary.

• Like 1

Clearly the most " learned " Mr Google . Who has the answer to ALL questions. 

It only takes one person a minute , to get that pertinent question answered! .

' then ' over to My Facebook Meta to " go fund me " . & Get the crowds behind you ! .

See it's easy . Go ask Google .

spacesailor

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, facthunter said:

You get the head of the AMA to speak on behalf of doctors

I'll accept a person like that as a spokesman, as I would the head of the National Farmers' Federation, or the Federal Chamber of Automotive Industries. But who is paying these mobs who paddle around in organisations you have never heard of and then hit the meeja with their "expert" comments. Of course, the meeja will lap up these comments because the first thing a novice in the meeja learns is how to cut and paste. Have you ever seen the same story expressed in words different from those written in a Press release?

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, old man emu said:

Have you ever seen the same story expressed in words different from those written in a Press release?

Now that's a whole separate subject.

Circular referencing from unsubstantiated sources is the scourge of modern media and the fuel for conspiracy theorists.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1