Apple is launching search engine to destroy Google

Google and China are always fighting so I have to use other search engines about 50% of the time, primarily Bing now that something happened to Blekko - nothing even remotely comes close to Google search.

And, as with all Apple products, they will tell you what you need and how you will do it, and I hate that about Apple.

Apple is out to destroy everyone. Take for instance this latest apple music, there are 30 other providers of this which creates good competition but soon those 30 companies will be destroyed because of apple. They already make billions but now are set out to destroy all the small companies and industries putting many people out of work etc...i will not touch an apple device

Apple is out to destroy everyone. Take for instance this latest apple music, there are 30 other providers of this which creates good competition but soon those 30 companies will be destroyed because of apple. They already make billions but now are set out to destroy all the small companies and industries putting many people out of work etc...i will not touch an apple device

I don't get the logic of the comment. The only way they can destroy the 30 other providers is if they provide a better product or a better price. Sounds like fair competition to me.

So small companies aren't out to make money and large ones don't employ people? Apple has had it's fair share at the losing end of competition.

They have done "new" ideas very well but when it comes to doing something someone else already does they tend to fail (i.e. Apple Maps vs Google Maps)

Only time will tell if they get it right or not. To be honest the couple of music providers that I have tried could do with some good competition. Having said that "she who must be obeyed" seems to love her movie apps.

I don't get the logic of the comment. The only way they can destroy the 30 other providers is if they provide a better product or a better price. Sounds like fair competition to me.

It's because they have a captive market by having the millions of users already on apple devices most (not all) users tend to stay with what is already preloaded and ready to go on their device and apple already have your credit card details etc

The only thing I do with an apple is eat it. I avoid anything that locks you in & then over time spits you out. And what about all those different charge connectors for different models. Nope Android for me where I can get to the root directory, get rid of the bloatware ( & warranty as well usually) but run it the way I want.

It's because they have a captive market by having the millions of users already on apple devices most (not all) users tend to stay with what is already preloaded and ready to go on their device and apple already have your credit card details etc

I have an iphone and an ipad. Apple most certainly do not have my credit card details. For that to happen I would first need a credit card.

I also use a PC for most of my computing requirements. I run several programs that are not yet supported by the fruit. When they are I will probably go all fruit.

I still evaluate every program that I use on all devices for functionality, cost and usability. Apple normally wins on 2 out of three, if they don't, then I go the other way.

I understand that not everyone works to the same standard and some have different criteria, you simply cannot blame a company for marketing to what people want.

Lets face it apples big big big plus is that the sold themselves as being user friendly. I am not saying that they are but they are perceived as being so. That in itself is a very marketable item.

If you want to sell something, make the people think it is the best, until the competition can do that then apple will retain their market share.

As for the market being captive, no they are not captive, but it will take a very good marketing strategy to draw many away from what has been marketed better than anything else for the last 20 years.

The only thing I do with an apple is eat it. I avoid anything that locks you in & then over time spits you out. And what about all those different charge connectors for different models. Nope Android for me where I can get to the root directory, get rid of the bloatware ( & warranty as well usually) but run it the way I want.

it is very simple to jailbreak almost any apple product if you are content to void your warranty.

I am a technology whore. I own macbook and Ipad. I own an android phone and there is an android tablet kicking around here that I got free from Telstra that I use to control spotify on my PC!. I also have a windows PC downstairs, and am typing this on a windows 8 notebook. At work I have several windows PC's and a Linux machine. And guess what, I work on software for windows, apple, android and linux.

They are all much the same these days. They are all playing catchup with each other on a regular basis.. They all make me money so they are are all good as far as I am concerned. Meh...

IF apple come up with a good search engine, they will beat google. Playing catchup does not win you market space these days, innovation does. It will be interesting to see what comes of it.

I've been using an Apple Macbook Air for the last sick months and in my opinion they are as big a pile of dog txxd as any windows based machine. I feel really let down... I was always under the impression Apple was a premium product? What a load of baloney in my experience. Just saying... I really am disappointed.

Warranty is not long enough to cause much inconvenience anyway. In 10 and a half months I am going to get very keen on a heart transplant for my Telstra supplied Android phones.

Telstra use android to "position" people to go to apple. Apple stuff has much better margins, it really is the only thing that keeps Telstra competitive in the ICT business

What do you mean FT? Are you saying that Android pushed people to Apple devices because it doesn't work properly? I was sure they gave the impression that Apple is like Android but works better....as I have found out a complete load of baloney. Maybe I fell for the scam?

I am keen to ditch this Apple CrackBook and go back to a Linux based OS.

Telco marketing is pretty sophisticated these days, when Apple entered the smartphone market they went to the telcos first to see how their business model worked and how they could improve it. The "subsidized phone" distribution model worked well for Apple and Telstra are very good at leveraging their customer base. Telstra marketing is built around getting everyone on Apple devices on top tier plans to maximize their profit per user. There is not a lot of customer loyalty in landlines and internet anymore, they are commodity services, the iPhone is seen as being the jewel in the customer user experience. Telstra try to push customers into bundling services and offering discounts with the new iPhone as a key to maintain customer loyalty.

Having every iPhone is almost identical also allows the dumb bums to upgrade without too much pain, it makes doing support also a lot cheaper as the interface stays the same. With android the interface changes with every phone manufacturer, which is bad for telcos as every new feature requires training on the device.