LG alphabetic

Yenn

That's the point, isn't it.  You go to any nightclub, or even any city street after 10pm on a Saturday and you'll see all kinds of drink-fuelled obnoxious behaviour, mostly from heterosexuals.  (Not only cities - I hear the B&S balls are notorious too, or used to be).

But no-one seems to point at them and generalise about all heterosexuals being loudmouthed thugs. 

Jeez, we need a little colour and life in the world.  If that means we occasionally see a woman with a beard winning Eurovision or a bunch of blokes with their butts out one night a year in Sydney, hey, they're not hurting anyone.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, facthunter said:

Gay men are very obvious and generally pretty harmless re violence etc

Bit of a broad brush there, Nev.

'Generally' gay men (or females) look no different from any others in the human pack.And generally are too busy living a normal life to pick fights.

Obsessively overt gays (along with other extremists) seem to be more likely to make trouble.

Edited by nomadpete
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, facthunter said:

They are not "biffo" type people.  Nev

I think that my Dad was advising me NOT to poofter-bash because for a poofter being attacked, experience tells that it's a Life of Death situation.

And you have to excuse his use of what is now a derogatory term. After all, it was back in the 60's.

• Like 2

I have no idea what  a gay man being bashed does but I certainly recall the period you refer to and I  was appalled by the mindset  of the self styled, REAL men of Football in those days who openly boasted and planned to commit assault  on suspected "poofs" after training sessions.  It certainly wasn't very safe to be Gay then and I feel pretty crook about occasionally making OFF remarks myself that while being (sort of) funny were probably quite hurtful for those on the receiving end.. I certainly would not do it now, because even then I felt it wasn't fair but attitudes have changed (I hope) but sometimes I wonder if we are actually getting anywhere with these "Invent Your Own" Religions that promote such discriminatory behaviour from a position of self-righteous bigotry.  Nev

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1