More than half of US killings by police go unreported: Study

Dax

https://abcnews.go.com/US/half-us-killings-police-unreported-study/story?id=80303407

"A new study on fatal police violence shows more than half of killings by police were left unreported in the last 40 years, and that Black Americans were estimated to be 3.5 times more likely to die from police violence than white Americans."

You could almost bet that this is just a small part of the US cop brutality, they are renowned for their abuse of people and torturous jail systems. Their privatised jails have abysmal records of abuse and violence within them, along with virtually starving inmates to keep their profits up.

• Like 1

Ya gotta remember humans with power will always be placed in positions where it can and does get abused! Grubby Politicians are at the head of the list, the inept judicial system (of which the police form part of) would be next on the list! Corruption is rife in any so called educated society!

Imagine the corruption in the Ned Kelly days? 

2 hours ago, onetrack said:

The U.S. Corrections System is just another huge corporate money-spinner, I'll wager they even refer to the inmates as "clients" in their internal communications. 

The US always seems to be about a decade ahead of us in many trends, and Australia slavishly copies American ideas, even after they have failed. Privatising prisons was a one that we don’t hear much about now.

The US has so many problems, but they also sometimes come up with solutions. Perhaps because of the enormous cost of keeping a massive proportion of their people in jail (mostly black men) there has been a recent trend toward rehabilitation. I’ve even heard of jails being closed.

• Informative 1

14 hours ago, spacesailor said:

You mean, a bit like WA,s  Bindoon orphanage, 

Bit different to that place, but all run by the same type of nutters. Spent time in a religious boys home, they are all the same in my opinion, draconian, abusive and macabre. The USA is a perfect example of a religious society, hypocritical, violent racist and completely deranged.

The Only orphanage that was good,

The Railwamans Childrens Orphanage.

For all thos kids who lost their dads to Englands ' abandentment 'of  the workers sent to France to repair their rail system.

Troops rescued from Dunkirk, but not those civilian workers put there by the English government. 

( I used to sneak in to get a feed with my school mates.)

spacesailor

• Like 1
  • Informative 1