Olympics

Yenn

Over the years the IOC has not impressed me. They control all the athletes and are out of control themselves.

Bribery has been revealed in their bidding process for a nation to hold the games.

They seem to be in the same category as the catholic church, by that I mean that they consider themselves above the law and the lawmakers allow them to be so.

Now the IOC declares that the Japan Olympics will go ahead. The Japanese people seem to be dead set against it, while the japanese government goes along with the IOC

With the current state of the covid virus I cannot see that it will be safe to hold the games. That applies not only to Japan, but also to any nation that sends athletes there.

Can you imagine how the athletes are going to behave if they have to go into quarantine on their return home? Especially if the whole thing turns into a fiasco, which it probably will do.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

They CAN'T be on again, off again so THAT has been addressed by this DECISION. HOW it will be done is now the issue, not IF.  One has to be very sympathetic for the Japanese predicament and that of the various entrants. It's not their fault they find themselves in this situation. Everyone involved should now get behind the decision and make sure it does work.  Nev

It,s sport ,all it produces is overpaid atheletes who think they are above the law,just look at NRL, and some tennis players think that covid rules do not apply to them,some commentators call these nrl players heroe,s, give me a break, the real heroe,s are the front line nurses and doctors, never had much inerest in any sport certainly wont watch it on tv to much stuff to do and see, its all geared to advertising thats why they get paid stupid sums of money , no interest in the olympics at all winning sport for your country will not make us any better as a nation. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1