I'm not cynical, but .....

old man emu

They do have a few problems of their own - mainly Jakarta under a lot of the stuff, that we'd like our share of.  :classic_sad:

But I suppose they could be advised that a few Quran-worshippers have lost their homes to fire, and that might energise them.  :classic_unsure:

They've had more than 60,000 evacuated, about 40 dead so far. Plus they've been fighting their own forest fires for a while now, so a bit busy.

They have provided what they could in the past, in the way of forensic victim identification teams with our previous bushfire disasters. I'd guess that link started back with the Bali bombings and the co-operation between the two countries experts. I think it would be good for small neighbours to make at least a token offer. Just not too sure about drinking any bottled water from Jakarta.

• 4 weeks later...
I'm not cynical, but I haven't seen many Indonesian Air Force aircraft, or Indonesian Navy boats full of emergency supplies racing to assist the victims of our current disaster. 

Joko must read this forum. An Indonesian Army contingent  is coming in a few days to help . Joko is also here to visit Scotty from Marketing in a week's time. How good is that?

If they come to Qld they will have to get a blue card.

You may think it is stupid for firefighters to have to get a blue card, but our premier knows what she is doing. The research into them will keep a large body of civil servants occupied for a long while. Jobs, Jobs, Jobs as she says.