Protests Hong Kong

Cosmick

Isn't it great to see people get off their arse and show their Government that the people don't like their agenda. Once upon a time Australians used to protest about things that mattered i.e. Apartheid when Sth Africa Rugby toured and the Vietnam War to get the soldiers out, (not the disgusting Hippie movement against the Soldiers themselves). There are still plenty of things to protest about but we are pathetic, easier to tick a box on facebook.

Awesome display of people at their best, Cosmick

They know what they're at great risk of losing, so they've come out in their millions.

Meanwhile, Aussies are being distracted by trivia as our basic human rights are whittled away.

Australia has been seduced by creeping authoritarianism – and its citizens need to wake up | Jeff Sparrow

I never saw any protests against the returning Vietnam soldiers. At the time, I regarded them as victims and not perpetrators. But I do remember that the RSL wouldn't let them join.

I sure agree that any protests would have been disgusting. And the RSL sure made a big mistake, since rectified but not forgotten.

People don't protest in Oz anymore because the politicians don't give a stuff. I and many thouisands protested against Howard's joining the illegal cabal (AKA The coalition of the {k}willing) invading Iraq on a blatantly false excuse that the leaders (Bush, Howard and Blair) KNEW was false. Howard famously retorted,"I'm not being dictated to by the MOB!!!". So much for our feted democracy. Following the just past "election" which Morrison and co stole through all sorts of false statements I am prepared to leave the good fight to those who believe our system is not fully caput.

The greatest secret of the Iraq war was that those leaders knew the weapons of mass destruction was a lie. If this got out, then they would have been war criminals. Keeping the secret means they were just wrong.

And the greatest secret of WW2 was about why Rudolf Hess was so sure that the poms declaration of war on germany was a mistake which could be put right.

I reckon it was the king who had told the germans that england would not declare war. Hess was kept incommunicado for many years.

I don’t know exactly what’s going on with Washington’s plans for Iran, but what I do know is that 30 million people marched worldwide against the war in Iraq and it didn’t make a whit of difference. The same dangerously evil people who bullied, lied and cheated their way into getting their war with Iraq are pretty much the same bunch of assholes who are attempting to do the same with Iran today. Not only did none of them go to jail for that diabolical crime against humanity, most of them are still in positions of influence, and most of them are using that influence to push the world again into another war that nobody wants. How long do we put up with this crap?

By Caitlin Johnstone

.info/51798.htmReport: US Planning “Massive” Airstrike On An Iranian Facility

Included in this cohort of "dangerously evil people", are Israel and Saudi Arabia. The chaotic mess that is Middle East politics is made infinitely worse due to the influence of these side players on US politics. Trump, readying for the 2020 re-election contest, is resisting moves towards war because of the risk that his pledge to remove US from overseas wars will be overwhelmed. In this case I am backing Trump against Bolton and Pompeo.

Amateurs like Trump, trade insults for the benefit of their own gross ego's. This escalates out of control and achieves nothing. You must leave the other person a face saving way out in a negotiating environment. Not the BULLYING one we constantly witness here...How can it end well? There's no risk averse behavior here. and no plan "B" and no reset button. Nev