My political manifesto

old man emu

Whether Betty Windsor is a good monarch or not doesn't alter the principle of inherited (and not vetted by the population) leadership.

Churchill said. Democracy is the worst system there is, except for ALL the others....There are times when IF you can't get rid of your leader you are in the deepest of poo..with no way out. Nev

But Churchill was the Monarch's leader of the House of Parliament. Churchill had to convey the Acts that parliament had proposed to the King for approval and signing into Law. Therefore, Churchill did not operate in a totally democratic country.

The British Monarchy is known as a constitutional monarchy. This means that, while The Sovereign is Head of State, the ability to make and pass legislation resides with an elected Parliament. The Sovereign no longer has a political or executive role. As Head of State, The Monarch undertakes constitutional and representational duties which have developed over one thousand years of history. The Sovereign acts as a focus for national identity, unity and pride; gives a sense of stability and continuity. Britain has a constitution, but it is one that exists in an abstract sense, comprising a host of diverse laws, practices and conventions that have evolved over a long period of time. The key landmark is the Bill of Rights (1689), which established the supremacy of Parliament over the Crown. Avalon Project - English Bill of Rights 1689

Compare the British system with the USA system. The US has an elected president who appears to me to just be an elected dictator and at the moment seems to be dedicated to breaking down the financial and business workings of the world.

Britain has a head of state, the Queen who is in an inherited job. Then there is the Prime minister and the government and at the moment it appears that the PM is intent upon demolishing the United Kingdom.

Out of all this we seem to have only one person who appears to know what they are doing, I will let you guess who that is.

I was an advocate for a Republic, until I saw what Malcolm Turnbulls republic was going to be. I wouldn't vote for it, along with the majority of voters in the referendum. It might get up again in the future, especially considering the government has now worked out how to get silly things voted on by bypassing referenda. Think Gay marriage.