Is it April fools day already?

damkia

I think people underestimate the charge that's in an airbag. I saw a video once where a guy deliberately sat on one and his workmates set it off. It threw him in the air and when he got up you could see that he was really hurting. I suspect he suffered some spinal injury akin to being ejected from a fighter jet. I wouldn't want my tablet on top of one of those if I had a fender-bender hard enough to set it off. As the first comment on the article said, you'd have it embedded in your forehead.

spacer.png no doubt people will still buy it though!Interesting that the authors biggest worry is he cant charge the phone on steering wheel!!

........and you wonder why the author is "freelance"? (ie "unemployed/casual employed")

A definite Darwin Award contender for product of the year.

If you are not killed in the actual accident caused by fiddling with your phone, then all the energy of the explosive charge will most likely be directed down, severely hampering your reproductive possibilities by blowing your "bits" off if you do survive.

Win-Win for the rest of us.

A mate of mine told me when airbags first became commonplace he had to attend "training"to be able to safely work on these cars. They were told when removing a steering wheel to always place the steering wheel on the ground airbag facing up. A demonstration of the power involved was shown by setting one off, airbag down. Apparentyly the steering wheel hit the roof! Had ayone been leaning over it at the time he reckons it would have been nasty to say the least!

A definite Darwin Award contender for product of the year.

If you are not killed in the actual accident caused by fiddling with your phone, then all the energy of the explosive charge will most likely be directed down, severely hampering your reproductive possibilities by blowing your "bits" off if you do survive.

Win-Win for the rest of us.

And serving the Darwin Award Scheme well, by removing the risk of offspring production ??

And serving the Darwin Award Scheme well, by removing the risk of offspring production ??

Have you watched the movie "Idiocracy" ? Not a great movie, but it has some interesing observations about reproduction and society in general. Made me laugh, but not too loud or long. Although a comedy its pretty spot on in parts with the way society is going!spacer.png

Guest Andys@coffs

Jeez you guys a bit of lateral thinking required........ so the problems:-

1) No power for phone recharge

2) The airbag...

combine the two....disconnect the airbag and use the wiring for a phone charger......easy really.....

Andy

Hold this thought as you look around!

Think how dumb you think the average person is .... Pause ....

The realise that at least half the population is dumber than that!

A sobering thought!

Phil

(For the statisticians amongst you, I know the flaws in this statement, it's still close enough for humour ...)

Hold this thought as you look around!

Think how dumb you think the average person is .... Pause ....

The realise that at least half the population is dumber than that!

A sobering thought!

Phil

(For the statisticians amongst you, I know the flaws in this statement, it's still close enough for humour ...)

Phil. . . . . . what a damning indictment of your fellow pilots, ( you WERE talking about half the poulation of your airfield I assume ? ? ? ? )

One of the Other Phils

Guest Andys@coffs

Look if you are really worried about the air bag you just need to remember its not automatic, or even semi automatic, is merely a single shot. Once its blown it wont blow again. If you need to remove it then there is no faster way than by setting it off.....there may be some minor side effects like the car computer shuts everything down and you can no longer drive...but hey if that happens then you have truely solved the dangers of driving and phoning at he same time hey !!

Stop making things more difficult than they need to be....Your a pilot right...I can tell...you (us!) guys just wanna make things complicated all the time!.....

A further benefit!!! To set it off safely requires a little understanding of how the things work.....So there is a real opportunity here to cull those that we dont need to reproduce. In fact maybe we should set up a "Have you experienced an airbag going off in your face" booth at the local polling stations for Sat Sep 14th......We may well be able to lift the quotiant part of IQ of those that then proceed to vote.....A truely cunning plan.....I can see it now.."Are you going to vote for Craig Thompson, Mr Slipper or <insert the name of your pin repository effigy here> ......You are!!! Luck you youve just won an all expenses paidwell nearly all....but no medical costs exothermic reaction appreciation course, please stick your head in the hole and ignore any loud bang you might hear!! for the microseconds it takes to render you unconscious.