Is it April fools day already?

damkia

Look if you are really worried about the air bag you just need to remember its not automatic, or even semi automatic, is merely a single shot. Once its blown it wont blow again. If you need to remove it then there is no faster way than by setting it off.....there may be some minor side effects like the car computer shuts everything down and you can no longer drive...but hey if that happens then you have truely solved the dangers of driving and phoning at he same time hey !!

Stop making things more difficult than they need to be....Your a pilot right...I can tell...you (us!) guys just wanna make things complicated all the time!.....

A further benefit!!! To set it off safely requires a little understanding of how the things work.....So there is a real opportunity here to cull those that we dont need to reproduce. In fact maybe we should set up a "Have you experienced an airbag going off in your face" booth at the local polling stations for Sat Sep 14th......We may well be able to lift the quotiant part of IQ of those that then proceed to vote.....A truely cunning plan.....I can see it now.."Are you going to vote for Craig Thompson, Mr Slipper or <insert the name of your pin repository effigy here> ......You are!!! Luck you youve just won an all expenses paidwell nearly all....but no medical costs exothermic reaction appreciation course, please stick your head in the hole and ignore any loud bang you might hear!! for the microseconds it takes to render you unconscious.

. . . . . . . Andy . . . . . . . are you SURE you aren't Douglas Adams ??

Look if you are really worried about the air bag you just need to remember its not automatic, or even semi automatic, is merely a single shot. Once its blown it wont blow again. If you need to remove it then there is no faster way than by setting it off.....there may be some minor side effects like the car computer shuts everything down and you can no longer drive...but hey if that happens then you have truely solved the dangers of driving and phoning at he same time hey !!

Stop making things more difficult than they need to be....Your a pilot right...I can tell...you (us!) guys just wanna make things complicated all the time!.....

A further benefit!!! To set it off safely requires a little understanding of how the things work.....So there is a real opportunity here to cull those that we dont need to reproduce. In fact maybe we should set up a "Have you experienced an airbag going off in your face" booth at the local polling stations for Sat Sep 14th......We may well be able to lift the quotiant part of IQ of those that then proceed to vote.....A truely cunning plan.....I can see it now.."Are you going to vote for Craig Thompson, Mr Slipper or <insert the name of your pin repository effigy here> ......You are!!! Luck you youve just won an all expenses paidwell nearly all....but no medical costs exothermic reaction appreciation course, please stick your head in the hole and ignore any loud bang you might hear!! for the microseconds it takes to render you unconscious.

REPLY # 2

Hi Again Andy, exothermic reaction appreciation ? mmm I'm a member of the Existentialist appreciation society, and at our last AGM, it was decided that,. . . no matter WHAT happens in the world today,. . . . . IT WON'T MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE.

AND ANOTHER THING about very short time frames. . . . . My mate David Squirell, a famous and oft mentioned Australian fleigenmentor of mine, were just leaving a pub near Berwick one evening after a relaxing day with him trying to teach me how NOT to crash a Tiger Moth,. . .when he perchanced to drop a fifty cent piece whilst reaching for his hanky.

I lie not here. . . . he bent down that quickly to pick it up,. . . that it actually hit him on the back of the neck and went down his shirt collar. . . . .

So forget MICRO SECONDS,. . . . I took the info to my (other) mentor at Monash Uni, where I was studying aerodynamicwhatsits, . . and he calculated that to accomplish this feat would have required a reaction time of less than eleven NANO SECONDS . . . Bearing in mind Newtonian physics,. . .[ Remember Gravity ? at sea level on a standard I.S.A. weather day, with 15 degrees C at the surface, . . .a surface pressure of 1013.25 Millibars (or Hectopascals, or 29.92 Inches of mercury { the last bit should be quoted with an American accent of course ! } ( Nano = ten to the minus ninth, Don't get me started on Picoseconds, as this will be a very short talk, as that equates to ten to the minus twelfth. . . ) bear in mind that a beam of light travels 18.4799943 inches in 19 Nano seconds, and extrapolating from this fact,. . . you can see how quick David's reaction must have been, and this was AFTER four schooners of snakebite ( A drink invented in the UK which consists of an equal measure of strong, rough scrumpy cider mixed with Lager beer, in the Australian version. . . Victoria Bitter )

With a reaction protocol in this region, who the bloody hell needs an autopilot ! ! ! Mind you, . . with a student like me, this ability was perhaps a useful lifesaving feature for him. . . .

And another thing. . . . . DUNNO WHAT I'm going to do on Sunday, what with the RECREATIONAL FLYING FORUM being discombobulated for some hours,. er, hang on, . . . what did Ian say, was it ten in the forenoon in Watsonia. . . ( that's in part of God's country near Melbourne from what I remember from my taxi driving days for Regal Taxis in Camberwell,. . . to help pay for me instrument rating. . . ), that means you're around ten hours ahead of the UK, so it'll disappear on Saturday evening here in the hangar as I'm just getting into upsetting someone else. . . .what a bummer. . . . hope it isn't off for long, otherwise I'll have to go flying or something boring like that to occupy my semi - retired time. . . . .

Or I could spend HOURS on backup drives looking for that X'Air coolant based heating circuit for Hank the Man,

Decisions. . . decisions. . . . and as for EXOTHERMIC REACTIONS. . . . that wasn't part of my Uni dissertation. . . . .

Phil