Business idea - free!

Marty_d

Hey all,

While sitting in the smallest room of the house the other day, I had a fantastic business idea. Here you go folks - take it, use it make yourselves a motza.

The idea is this: collect every tweet that Donald Trump has ever made, and print them on rolls of toilet paper (perhaps with a different photo of his head on each sheet as well).

Then slap a snappy logo on it - "the Trump Dump", or "Trump Tickets", etc - and people can put his sayings to the most appropriate use they could possibly have!

Won't be the first time something like this has been done. Around the Australian "Constitutional Crisis" time (1975) somebody printed rolls of toilet paper with "Fraser" on it. Malcolm Fraser had become the Prime Minister replacing Gough Whitlam, much to the chagrin of loyal Labor supporters. Apparently there is a roll at the Australian National Library, along with seven more rolls printed with other things.

Marty, would definitely buy a roll, and while you're about it, a roll or 6 printed "TOY ota" or similar to keep in each of my Land Rovers.

David

David,The first step towards recovery is admitting you have an illness.

You seem to have admitted to owning six landrovers. That's seriously sick.

There is no cure, and if there was, I wouldn't partake. As they say "If I have to explain, you woudn't understand". Ok, that was coined for Harley riders (I'm eligible, 1999 FHLR Roadking), but it also suits taildragger pilots (Oh dear, I'm learning on a Legend Cub...) and probably those of us with a Christian faith .... Oh no! I'm starting to understand why, when the sweet young things at the shop say "Can I help you?" and I reply "No, I'm beyond help" they agree with me!

David

There's a sign I own somewhere saying " Life is too short to drink bad wine , drive landrovers and eat British food". It's not new and I'm not sure about the last two but......

I also picked up in London a brass plaque saying " I may have my faults, but being wrong is not one of them" for the express purpose of giving it to a pommie friend of mine, which I feel he treasured somewhat. Nev

and while you're about it, a roll or 6 printed "TOY ota" or similar to keep in each of my Land Rovers.David

If it weren't for your profile giving your address as NSW, I'd suspect you lived up the road from me... there's a bloke who has a heap of Landy's, all in various states of disrepair.

None of them is a Defender though, which is the only model I like.

funny ha ha trump has cut your wages oh he has banned you from the states oh you read it on faceshit oh soory you read it on Murdock oh no you watch cnn that gives you the right to denagrate the president of the states

but I am not to say my opinion the local green crap con that personally effects my living standards typical off crap of labour greens and liberal turnbull neil

Storchy - as (I think it was) Voltaire once said, "I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it". Like everyone, it is your right to express your opinion, but like you, it is everyone else's right to express theirs, even when theirs is repugnant to yours... Of course, this should be subject to some constraints, such as expressing opinions and not incitement, real racist, sexist or other 'ist' remarks (except of course, on jest - but still keep it in good-ish taste), and playing the ball not the man. I haven't read all threads or even all posts in this one, but I have yet to see too many posts on this site that cross the line.. yet....

There's a sign I own somewhere saying " Life is too short to drink bad wine , drive landrovers and eat British food". It's not new and I'm not sure about the last two but......I also picked up in London a brass plaque saying " I may have my faults, but being wrong is not one of them" for the express purpose of giving it to a pommie friend of mine, which I feel he treasured somewhat. Nev

Oi! That's gone a little too far. I believe there are more British food shows in Aus than Aussie food shows... and I am sure it is not to make Aussies feel good about the food they have on offer (as good as it is).... Although, I quite liked Matt Moran's "From Paddock to Plate" and when I saw John Torode's series on Aussie Food (which was more showing Australia with a food slant, so I am guessing sponsored by Australian Tourism), I cried at the sight of real potato cakes (the fish and chip shop down the road in North Petherton are about the only one to do them and they are, at best, pathetic imitations).

Nev, you've crossed the line there.

I'm ok with the good wine statement, and the British food comment, but don't say that about landrovers.

The only reason there are so many British food shows, is because the poms are trying desperately to learn about nice food. Somebody should tell them that rationing is over.

By the way, I do not live down the road from Marty. But the cap fits.

But I don't think I could EVER own a Harley. I believe a good ride should bring you home at the end of the day.

Thread drift? My mind wanders like this thread drift.

funny ha ha trump has cut your wages oh he has banned you from the states oh you read it on faceshit oh soory you read it on Murdock oh no you watch cnn that gives you the right to denagrate the president of the states but I am not to say my opinion the local green crap con that personally effects my living standards typical off crap of labour greens and liberal turnbull neil

Mate you can say whatever you like about the Greens, and I'll probably disagree with you - and I can say whatever I like about turkeys like Trump and Hanson, and you can disagree with me.

Nev, the real quote is "Life is too short to drink bad wine, drive BORING cars and eat British food. Ok, I agree with the wine (although I don't imbibe myself), I can assure you that driving a Land Rover is NEVER boring, and I must admit the British seem to be doing something about the food.

Now, I agree with Marty re the Defender, although my preference would be a series 2 shorty, but for practical use observe the vehicle pictured.

As far as the Harley is concerned, mine has only once let me down, on the delivery ride! A problem with sealing of a sensor, fixed under warranty. There is a special aftermarket device used for documenting insults (applicable to Land Rovers as well), realising that we need to document everything in life, every spanner put to your aircraft and by whom, every skill gained in flying your taildragger, so why not document the insults. In all honesty, I haven't had many recently - my insult counter has only registered 2. (it's sitting in the foreground of the pic).

Yours inSincerely

David

[ATTACH]48826._xfImport[/ATTACH]

372810145_DSC_3713(Copy).thumb.JPG.9ed38be5c4dc329eb549d6f99b9bd65c.JPG

I think VERA has made those later Landrovers iconic but DEFENDER??? That's as bad a name as JEEP "PATRIOT"!!!. The Leyland Brothers showed a lot about the front diffs in their series.

. A REAL offroader will have electric motors in each wheel, instead of CV's and uni joints, driveshafts slip joints , differentials and other accursed mechanical contrivances. Nev

Honestly though .. Could you make it look worse? Do they sell well in Ireland? Defender went on my cabbages. It's not meant to be personal. There's lots of vehicles that are really Fugly. PS the new ones don't have pushrods so I know you still like me, and Dusty Crophopper deserves better too.. He's already suffered vicious attacks. Nev

I can't have a Defender.

Defenders are designed to accommodate shortarses. When I went to test drive one, the salesman took one look at me and said "I'll save you the trouble. Don't bother. You won't fit."

See, there is one honest car salesman out there.

Yet I do fit in my 1968 shorty.

That particular example is a bit more macho than the norm, but I'll admit it's the lines of the vehicle that I like. It's square, flat panelled, flat glass, looks like a 4WD should look like. Compare that to something like a Porsche Cayenne which wants to be both a 4WD and a sports car. I'll take the "functional" look any day... even if it was painted like this:

spacer.png