Poor old Pell

Bruce

As an athiest, I still feel sorry for Pell.

When I was a kid in Alice Springs, there were known poofters the kids stayed away from ( or not, it was the kid's choice).

I reckon that we are seeing a new puritanism and I don't like it.

Anyhow since this is sub judice, I suggest we don't pursue the topic . You might add to the grounds for dismissal of the case. The defence lawyers are perusing all elements of the Net. This will be one very high powered case. Better to close the thread Ian. Nev

I think both sides will fully expect endless commentary on thousands of sites around the world, Pell is basically 3rd in command of an institution with over a billion members.

Who knows whether he's guilty or not - hopefully the trial will determine this. But I will say this... with a defendant this high profile, the Vic prosecutors must be very confident with the evidence they've got before they gave the green light to lay charges. I'll watch with interest.

I agree Marty about pedos. Some of the most horrific crimes imaginable have been done against little kids.

But when you have 17 year-old boys, it is still technically called pedophilia, I think.

Well in the off-chance that Nev is right, I will leave this topic alone.

Who knows wether he's guilty or not.

At the moment he is not guilty. He is innocent until proven guilty.

That just shows that there can be a great difference between doing something and being guilty of doing something.

Over the years we have had a lot of innocent people found guilty and incarcerated for it. we have also had a lot of "guilty" people found not guilty.