Small flying insects & flies

Mark11

As I was walking home, this fly flew laps around my head despite the wind blowing hard! Couldn't get rid of it!

Even though the fly is small, the wind seemed no problem to it! It's way to strong for Microlight flying.

I have been told that small insects and flies actually swim through the air, because to them, the air is very thick

If that's true, they are very good at it because they can fly in strong wind and change direction instantly.... I guess very little inertia to deal with and plenty of air friction!

I had a similar thing happen last week while driving. Stopped at the lights and a fly landed on the windscreen and wandered about. I expected him to be blown off when I moved but NO-- the little bugger just turned to face the wind and stuck there while I did 85kmh! Happened every time I stopped.

I had a similar thing happen last week while driving. Stopped at the lights and a fly landed on the windscreen and wandered about. I expected him to be blown off when I moved but NO-- the little bugger just turned to face the wind and stuck there while I did 85kmh! Happened every time I stopped.

Maybe you need to clean the windscreen? spacer.png

rgmwa

• 5 years later...