NO MEDIA BIAS AT ALL IN AMERICAN PRESIDENTIAL RACE. . .

Phil Perry

Obviously no media collusion againtst 'Trumpy' in the Presidential election coverage. . .

Don't get me wrong here, I personally have no dog in this race. . .I reckon that Donny Trump may well be the undoing of the USA,. . .but outside of \MY prejudices,. . . it is interesting to see what is happening in this year of Brit Referendums, Australian Elections, and U.S elections too,. . .and how the respective media portray the situation s they see it. . . .

Here is a tabulation of various media putlets and their pronouncements. . .

[ATTACH]47952._xfImport[/ATTACH]

Now,. . .NO right thinking human being with a brain cell or three could rationally say that any of this coverage was biased in any way, shape or form. . . .could it. . . . .

TRUMP.thumb.jpg.bc5dfd23a6e9eb03adc5653f0e46d303.jpg

The US only has 10 news outlets??

I don't see Fox or any of the other conservative cheer squad up there... perhaps when we see every news outlet's headline about Trump added to the table, the perceived bias will cease to exist...

In reality it's normal for the incumbent to be upbeat about the US and the contender to be negative, but the difference is not usually this stark.

That's not even close to what you will see if he actually wins - like you saw and are still seeing after Brexit.

Lefts control the bulk of the media, that's just an indisputable fact.

Fox news claims to be the most watched cable news channel, not particularly left leaning.

Now I am not anti Trump because of the media, I did take the time to watch his acceptance speech for the GOP nomination, this was enough to convince me of his lack of suitability for the office he seeks.

For one thing I am very sceptical of someone who claims that they are the "only" person who can fix all of the problems (also referring to yourself in the first person is rather lame).

So Mr Beckman, tell me this do you think Trump will really build a wall, even though engineers claim it is undoable for the price he claims?

Do you think he will really deport 11 million undocumented immigrants? How will he achieve this?

How will he teach China a lesson re trade imbalance (perhaps banning imports from Mongrel Motorworks?)

Do you agree that the US is doing all the work in the world and that he will successfully make other countries "pull their weight"?

Thing is Trump's supporters seem to be mainly angry people who are dissatisfied with how their lives are going. They don't seem to care if Trump makes huge promises without a shred of explanation as to how these promises can be achieved, in fact mostly they don't seem to care about the details. I saw an interview with a Trump supporter, when the interviewer asked if Trump had adequately explained how he would achieve his promises they reluctantly admitted that he probably would not, but they liked the fact that they talked like "what" they did.

Becks, I would urge you to watch the whole Trump acceptance speech and after you get over the "he is angry and frustrated just like me" think what it would mean if he actually kept all of his promises.

The thing is that Trump is not the conservative candidate but he is the radical candidate. Do you really think someone with his arrogance is the right person to negotiate with Iran? He claims that the US is weak and that Iran should be taught a lesson. Worth another middle East war????

Anyway in the unlikely event Trump is elected I am happy to bet a week's wage that in his first term he will not substantially build a wall (and get the Mexicans to pay for it)

He will not deport 11 million undocumented immigrants.

He will not substantially change the trade imbalance between China and the US.

He will not make the US great again (because greatness has not been defined, he is very likely to define greatness in a way that suits him)

That's not even close to what you will see if he actually wins - like you saw and are still seeing after Brexit.

Lefts control the bulk of the media, that's just an indisputable fact.

It's not indisputable or a fact. I dispute it.

How will he teach China a lesson re trade imbalance (perhaps banning imports from Mongrel Motorworks?)

Let me make my position very clear on Trade, I am a believer in tariffs and closed countries, I couldn't give a toss if that means I personally get locked out along the way, I am not a hypocrite.

I dream of the day Australia relies on itself again, will never happen, but I can cherish the thought.

He will not deport 11 million undocumented immigrants.

He will not substantially change the trade imbalance between China and the US.

You seem to miss the whole point of politics, it's not what they achieve, it's what they are perceived to be doing.

Deportation numbers have gone down some 40% over the last 5 years, I don't think it's going to be that hard for Trump to double those figures quite quickly and look good on his promise on that side of things, possibly a hole they figured some time ago where he could triumph.

The trade imbalance is an easy one, raise tariffs just enough as to not pee off the Chinese and it makes you look like you're doing something and the books look good - doesn't change local manufacturing/unemployment though sadly, silly political game playing with people's lives.

But ultimately, as I replied to you elsewhere .... Despite all the hoo haa, pretty much nothing will change at all during Trump's possible term, as with most of them previously.

• 2 weeks later...
Jeeze mate,. . . .is that Lady reporter on Speed or summat ? ? ? ? flippin 'eck. . . . .

No, that's just pretty typical Abbey Martin.

Pretty serious reporter not scared to tell it as it is without towing anyone's line, you would probably like at least some of her work, look her up.

Coincidently for this very thread, the Police have stated that there has been no arrests at Democratic National Conventions, run by the media of course - she was one of the hundreds NOT arrested!

The US only has 10 news outlets??

I don't see Fox or any of the other conservative cheer squad up there... perhaps when we see every news outlet's headline about Trump added to the table, the perceived bias will cease to exist...

In reality it's normal for the incumbent to be upbeat about the US and the contender to be negative, but the difference is not usually this stark.

I just re-read that post I made ages ago,. . . . I forgot to mention the REAL point of it HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA . . .

The word 'DARK' seems to appear in every report. . .?. . .bit odd that,. . .almost as if they are ALL singin' from the same hymnsheet BUT. . . . .as I've said before, . . and this very day, Famous movie personality Robert DeNiro agrees with me. . . . . I don't support DT for POTUS as . . .( over to you Robert. . .) 'He's Nuts'. .. .

:-) However. . ..it doesn't matter what I think. . .I don't vote in USA elections. . . .

Fox news claims to be the most watched cable news channel, not particularly left leaning.

Now I am not anti Trump because of the media, I did take the time to watch his acceptance speech for the GOP nomination, this was enough to convince me of his lack of suitability for the office he seeks.

Don't sit on the fence mate,. . . just say what you really think. . . .

;-)

I think by now everyone except the rusted on supporters know what a dick he is. All Hillary has to do is keep her mouth shut until November - preferably get Obama to do her talking for her - and Trump will continue to win the presidency for her.

That's if someone from the Republican party doesn't arrange for him to suffer a nasty accident first.

As a mate at work said the other day when heading to the toilet - "Just off to push out a Trump supporter!"

(I replied "Strain really hard and you might produce a One Nation senator too...")

I don't get the point of the whining about Clinton getting a free ride.

This is the way it breaks down.

On the one hand, you have a somewhat dislikable character who everyone knows is a bit too close to the big end of town, but who has had very long experience at the top levels of government, is an experienced diplomat and would not rock the boat too much.

On the other hand, you have a self-aggrandizing braggart who is known for big-noting himself, dodgy business practices including hiring the very people he now says he wants to deport, a number of bankruptcies, absolutely zero government experience, truly alarming attitudes towards diplomacy and the use of nuclear weapons, has displayed shocking attitudes to women and minorities, makes "policy" on the fly and then contradicts himself.

One has proven capable of handling the office of POTUS. The other pretty much daily proves himself incapable.

Whinge about Clinton all you like, I don't particularly like her either, but she's the only Presidential option in the race. End of.

I think it's rather amusing to have people who lambast the media and journalists for being biased........except when certain journalists or intrepid internet sleuths agree with their own political points of view, in which case they're truth seekers.

How about this theory of mine:

Might it be possible that most of the media are implying Trump is an ass because.....and I only throw this out there for consideration.....he's actually an ass?

Yes, observation would tend to suggest this is indeed the case.

I was about to post re Phil's first collection:

Now,. . .NO right thinking human being with a brain cell or three could rationally say that any of this coverage was biased in any way, shape or form. . . .could it. . . . .

Could be bias. Or it might just be accurate reporting.

Might it be possible that most of the media are implying Trump is an ass because.....and I only throw this out there for consideration.....he's actually an ass?

Ah.... you miss the point. Both are ass, Hillary is a sick evil ass and Trump a crazy clown ass.

But try to grasp it that 90% of the media only point mockingly to one ass whilst covering and promoting the other. And many people are no longer buying what the media are selling.

There are exceptions though aren't there spacer.png It's comforting for many lefties to hold onto that old media like a favourite teddy, refusing to acknowledge the stuffing has fallen out.

Ah.... you miss the point. Both are ass, Hillary is a sick evil ass and Trump a crazy clown ass.

But try to grasp it that 90% of the media only point mockingly to one ass whilst covering and promoting the other. And many people are no longer buying what the media are selling.

There are exceptions though aren't there spacer.png It's comforting for many lefties to hold onto that old media like a favourite teddy, refusing to acknowledge the stuffing has fallen out.

You can buy whatever you choose to Gnu.

Like Marty D, I don't particularly like Hillary either. She is damaged goods and indeed is a political animal with intricate ties to the political establishment.

However she's not a complete fool and is not easily baited, unlike Trump who will bite with a nasty snarl at the slightest hint of a dangling lure. I'd rather not have a snarly clown toying with the nuclear codes under such circumstances.

By the way, on what grounds do you call Hillary "sick" and "evil"? They're pretty strong and emotive words. I can think of many uncomplimentary things to say about her, however I'm at a loss to justify "sick" and "evil".

Physically she is feeble, has brain fog, mental blackouts, looses balance and has repeated coughing fits. There is plenty of evidence that morally she is deeply evil, for example finding mirth in getting who she knew to be the rapist of a 12 year old child exonerated. Can't list all the illegal, shady and creepy things here but anyone can search and there is so much evidence over so many years from so many different sources. Actually she is so evil a fear for her, I feel her suffering in hell will be immense. It saddens me if she were to die with this burden.

Yeah I know there is some editing going on to extend the clips but there are many instances...

And for those looking more for a chuckle.

Video 1:

It shows 4 (four) occasions where Hillary Clinton has had a cough while being interviewed or speaking. I mean sure, that anyone would ever have a cough or cold is pretty unheard of, right? Especially someone who is continually in the public eye and does hundreds of speaking engagements and interviews every year. How on earth could she have a cough four times.....four I tell ya!!!!!!.....over her entire political speaking and interview career spanning decades? She must be critically ill!

Video 2:

Oh look, there's those same coughs again, stitched together in repetitive editing! Together with some more repetitive editing of half second facial expressions. If you did the same with some of my facial expressions snapped when reading some of these comments, you could probably have me institutionalised.

Video 3:

After what her husband did when he was President, I would hardly be surprised if she did give him a black eye! So what? Most people would be cheering her on, not criticising her. Here you present a former Secret Service agent talking on one of America's most right wing talk shows (Hannity) who obviously has many talents. Not only is he a Secret Service agent (i.e. bodyguard), but he's also a doctor, a psychologist, a detective, etc and at the end he goes "well I'm not comfortable talking about this". Yet there he is, airing his dirty laundry.

Even if it's all true, so - bloody - what? You reckon all the other Presidential spouses, or spouses of any world leaders throughout history, have been beautiful kind and caring angels? What about other female world leaders? What about male world leaders?

Yet you apparently reserve 100% of your criticism for one, and only one of them (oh sorry, two of them.....I forgot Obama). Why is this so?