The menace of drones

First Person View (FPV) drones have changed warfare in Ukraine. They may end the world as we know it! 
Military technology leaks out into civil society. Bad actors get access to high-powered rifles and machine guns. It will be even easier to get hold of FPV drones in future. You can send them 10, 20 or more km from anywhere to attack someone you don't like. Perhaps a business rival or political opponent. If the military payloads (explosives) are hard to come by, there are plenty of ways to make your own. Society will descend into chaos, and it will be impossible to police the menace. This problem is just around the corner.

• Sad 1

There are politicians in the US that have been trying to ban DJI drones for some time. They have another bill up at the moment. Like previous attempts it won't pass* but perhaps in another country .....

* Children killed almost monthly and still the gun lobby prevail.

BTW. I have several DJI drones but not FPV. Very hard to fly legally here already. No line of sight while wearing googles.

You can still use conventional drones though. I've seen footage of them being used in Ukraine and not one of them was FPV. They had a laptop or similar.

• Informative 1

Not as frightening as what is depicted in that video, but I think that the idea has been used in a murder drama, THe murder was committed by a knife or similar being dropped onto the victim from a drone flying above. 

The video shows that knowledge provides us with double-edged swords. But once again, where did the concept behind the storyline arise. Once again, from the most militaristic nation in the world - The USA.

Excuse me while I go an board up my windows and door to keep the flying bots out.

• Informative 1