Radical Environmentalists using Aboriginal culture as a means to an end.

old man emu

5 hours ago, willedoo said:

bit of a sidetrack here, but some people who fiercely defend the Aboriginal people's religious beliefs and their spirits, are also very quick to heap scorn on anyone who believes in a Christian or other god. Maybe some double standards there. 

Quite correct - except those hear are saying the means justifies the end rather than obsessed protection of Aboriginal heritage at any cost. But also, why just being peeved at Aboriginals using embelished religious belieifs/culture - Shouuldn't be extended to being peeved off at everyone doing it embelishing facts or telling lies, of whatever nature, to fraudlulently justify something. Is its because when Aboriginals use it, it makes a big splash in the news?

Also, I can understand why those that fiercly defend Aboriginal people's beliefs do it. Is it not also contradictory if any of the decision makers in Santos (or any other company for that matter) are religious andd not prepared to compromise their religion, but OK to compromise others for proft - is that not double standards? Of course, their religious artefacts, except for churches I guess, are thousands of miles away.. and let's be honest, if religion didn't figure, the war in Gaza would be a blip on the news radar.. We hardly hear about the 1/2 million Syrians that have been killed, the Kurds in Turkey and Iraq, nor the c. 300k Yemeni.. I can only surmise the reason why Gaza is such a flashpoint is because of religious beliefs worldwide.. Why is Aboriginal (or any other) religious belief not as important and can be sacrificed for profit?

Double standards are everywhere - it's an ingrained part of human nature, I'm afraid.

Edited by Jerry_Atrick
  • Like 1
  • Informative 1