ABBOT KICKED OUT BY TURNBULL ? SAY IT ISN'T SO !

Phil Perry

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a bridge near me is painted MENZIES OUT NOW so it may take a while for the news to trickle down to the bush.

Which reminds me, we haven't been THE BUSH for quite a few years, ever since the yanks got their first BUSH. The way things are going over there, we may never be called THE BUSH again by our pollies.

SORRY Guys 1)

I didn't realise there was another pollie thread, and had JUST read a UK Pollie post on this subject and posted here quickly ( Failing in my duty to look around the threads first )

SORRY Guys 2)

From what I have read here in the past; my title comment "Say it isn't so" was intended as Irony, sorry if that was missed.

YES. . .

One of the blogs I read every other day is centre - right to ultra extreme right wing but extremely amusing, with some really entertaining and well read posters ( Guido Fawkes order-order.com ) Breitbart ( London) isn't bad,. . .some actual intelligent commenters there too, and the Daily Mail blogsite has been very interesting of late.

But by far the funniest, is the GRAUNIAD . . .sorry, the GUARDIAN - the Bastion of the LEFT, and the BBC ( 2,500 copies are purchased for Broadcasting House [London] every Day ! ) most of my intelligent ( debatable I know ) questions are deleted, although I have not been permanently banned there. They really don't like it up 'em Mr. Mainwaring. . . ( Apologies to Dad's Army )

Probably would not be of any value to Australians to look at any of these, as UK politics and the people who populate it is/are possibly as alien to you as the Aussie stuff is to me. . .

THANK YOU ALL 1)

For edumificating me briefly. . . re Australian Political structure.

Phil

Phil, at least you have a fire-breathing opposition leader in the form of Jeremy Corbyn!

Heard an interesting discussion about him on the radio yesterday. Apparently he's that rare bird who says what he thinks, doesn't spin facts and refuses to dress in expensive suits and silk ties.

I can see these traits will make him deeply unpopular within his own party but immensely popular with regular people...

Apparently some of his ideas have merit too... things like re-nationalising the rail network - economists are coming out and saying "Actually, that makes sense."

Perhaps it's time for a shift to the left....? spacer.png

Phil, at least you have a fire-breathing opposition leader in the form of Jeremy Corbyn!

Heard an interesting discussion about him on the radio yesterday. Apparently he's that rare bird who says what he thinks, doesn't spin facts and refuses to dress in expensive suits and silk ties.

I can see these traits will make him deeply unpopular within his own party but immensely popular with regular people...

Apparently some of his ideas have merit too... things like re-nationalising the rail network - economists are coming out and saying "Actually, that makes sense."

Perhaps it's time for a shift to the left....? spacer.png

Well, we shall see,. . .he's already advocated printing a few billion quid to pay for everything. Renationalise the railways ?? I remember how bad they were under state control Marty, I doubt if anyone wants to go back to that. The poor bloke has not started well regrettably, he was pictured with his deputy Tom ( who ate all the pies ? ) Watson, leaving an event in support of Battle of Britain veterans yesterday, . . .carrying two bags of sandwiches supplied free by the Costa Coffee company FOR THE VETERANS. . . ? this has not gone down very well with anyone. The press are already calling this "Sandwichgate".

Anyway, let's hope that this man with his refreshingly new ideas, never having had any sort of work experience other than as a hard left student activist, can work some magic with his "Corbynomics " The hard left already know that he is the messiah, but I've yet to hear him say anything that didn't come straight out of Das Kapital.

Time will tell, he has his first shot at Prime Ministers' Questions in the House of Commons at Midday today, should be interesting, as he is NOT a good public speaker, and loses his rag with TV interviewers every time he is asked difficult questions. I can just imagine him beating Cameron's skull in with the ceremonial mace. . . .

Phil.

Well, we shall see,. . .he's already advocated printing a few billion quid to pay for everything. Renationalise the railways ?? I remember how bad they were under state control Marty, I doubt if anyone wants to go back to that. The poor bloke has not started well regrettably, he was pictured with his deputy Tom ( who ate all the pies ? ) Watson, leaving an event in support of Battle of Britain veterans yesterday, . . .carrying two bags of sandwiches supplied free by the Costa Coffee company FOR THE VETERANS. . . ? this has not gone down very well with anyone. The press are already calling this "Sandwichgate".

Anyway, let's hope that this man with his refreshingly new ideas, never having had any sort of work experience other than as a hard left student activist, can work some magic with his "Corbynomics " The hard left already know that he is the messiah, but I've yet to hear him say anything that didn't come straight out of Das Kapital.

Time will tell, he has his first shot at Prime Ministers' Questions in the House of Commons at Midday today, should be interesting, as he is NOT a good public speaker, and loses his rag with TV interviewers every time he is asked difficult questions. I can just imagine him beating Cameron's skull in with the ceremonial mace. . . .

Phil.

Either way, if he stirs the established political class out of their settled states for a while, it can't be all bad!

Sometimes you need a bit of a nutter to make things interesting for a while. We've had a few.

Either way, if he stirs the established political class out of their settled states for a while, it can't be all bad!Sometimes you need a bit of a nutter to make things interesting for a while. We've had a few.

Yes,. . .if he lasts long enough and remembers who his friends are,. . one of his goons bashed a BBC cameraman last night, the guy is in hospital with neck and facial injuries. . .the goon was allleged to have been Jerry's driver. ( ? ) Jerry Mate,. . .the BEEB are your lefty FRIENDS . . .don't bash them too !

Pure popcorn time, . . .I'm just waiting for PM Questions 2o'ish minutes to go. . . should be interesting if DC presses the right buttons.

Either way, if he stirs the established political class out of their settled states for a while, it can't be all bad!Sometimes you need a bit of a nutter to make things interesting for a while. We've had a few.

Pauline Hansen really stirred up Parliament for the duration she was there.

Now let's see, are there any 'nutters' left in Parliament. I can think of a few.

Phil everything you want to know about Turnbull is here.

A long history of attachment to the Labor party and strongly anti-Liberal. Even some communist sympathizing links. Some UK connections there also.

Former party leader Brendan Nelson in 2008: “Most of the people who supported him [in the Liberal party room ballot for the leadership] voted for him to get rid of him… If you had any idea of what he said to me over those 10 months [of Nelson’s leadership], you would be shocked... You need to look up narcissistic personality disorder. There’s about 5 per cent of the population who are born with narcissistic traits, and about 2 per cent have narcissism. He’s got narcissistic personality disorder. He says the most appalling things and can’t understand why people get upset. He has no empathy.”

Someones got to much spare time.

In the USA they get to scrutinize their leaders quite a lot before the elections, we don't at all. Heck we often don't even get to elect them. The majority in recent years at least have turned out to have mental disorders and need professional help, not a leadership role. Why shouldn't a detailed psych evaluation be compulsory for this job?

Phil everything you want to know about Turnbull is here.

A long history of attachment to the Labor party and strongly anti-Liberal. Even some communist sympathizing links. Some UK connections there also.

Former party leader Brendan Nelson in 2008: “Most of the people who supported him [in the Liberal party room ballot for the leadership] voted for him to get rid of him… If you had any idea of what he said to me over those 10 months [of Nelson’s leadership], you would be shocked... You need to look up narcissistic personality disorder. There’s about 5 per cent of the population who are born with narcissistic traits, and about 2 per cent have narcissism. He’s got narcissistic personality disorder. He says the most appalling things and can’t understand why people get upset. He has no empathy.”

Utter drivel.

In the USA they get to scrutinize their leaders quite a lot before the elections, we don't at all. Heck we often don't even get to elect them. The majority in recent years at least have turned out to have mental disorders and need professional help, not a leadership role. Why shouldn't a detailed psych evaluation be compulsory for this job?

Everyone is a little crazy - even your Brendan Nelson flirted with the ALP, wore a stud in his ear, was the president of a major trade union well noted for applying the blowtouch to the bellies of government that antagonise it or its members and now rides a Harley - none a good look for somebody supposedly of mental stability.

Oops, ALP flirters aren't too bad.

That's what I love about this... watching the conservatives whip themselves into fury because the new leader of their party dares to have a few progressive ideas.

You can relax Gnu - he's had to make a few promises to the cons in his party in order to get the job, so it's very likely that his progressive side will be substantially suppressed. Of course, when all the swinging voters realise he's not going to be everything they expect, his popularity will plummet. In the meantime maybe Cory will splinter off and you can vote for him.

I tend to agree Marty (although I've never had a connection to the Liberal Party). The whole thing is media driven; now they have their pick they will turn on him, they exist to make the news after all and will push for whichever side they think will provide the most newsworthy drama. Like you I expect the Liberals to sink again before long. As opposition leader Turnbull was a real dud (all the polls & dates in the link above). As Communications minister it was a $15b budget blow-out so the days of balance or surplus are long gone.

Loyalty to a complete idiot is being totally disloyal to the electors, who voted for a variety of reasons and certainly not to the establishment of a dictatorship for 3 years.

Both Turnbull and Gillard were entitled to display their loyalty to the Australian people by ridding the highest elected office in the land of a person they perceived as a dud. Our democracy would not tolerate a one party state and should not have to tolerate a one person political party.