It is on (Turnbull calling a presser at 4pm 14th)

fly_tornado

Sorry fellas I have just been caught up with the local Brisbane news where the local union corruption hearing have just started. I will cut to the chase, a Building union federation boss is under the spotlight for having his mega mansion built but the bills for work went to another project.Then I saw a boss of a major tiling firm who we used we I was a commercial pool plumber being interviewed in the hearing and when asked basically what is going on with the invoices, he had a blank err im in the $hit look on his face.

Take it from me who worked on commercial building developement for 12 years. The whole Labor union/ building industry is corrupt to the core.

Sorry Dazza, how does Labor fit into that particular story?

Yes there are bad union leaders and corrupt developers, and corrupt politicians on both sides. But if they're going to have a RC into trade unions, I reckon it's only fair they have one into the tax avoidance practices of big corporations. After all, the unions may own Labor, but big business owns the LNP. And I reckon the sums involved would make that mega mansion look like pocket change.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bit late for your support Robbo, the clown is GONE. Worst prime minister ever, shown the door before completing one term. Will forever be remembered for giving Phil the Greek a knighthood and telling us that coal is good for humanity.

Turnbull may be a "€@$&!#", but he's a far more popular €@$&!# than the €@$&!# who is leaving the building. And he doesn't talk in 3-word slogans.

You just wait...... Turnbull loves himself and its all about him, lets see how he screws this government, he cannot even work with a team.

You think Tony has done a few "Captains Calls" you watch Turnbull go againsts the cabinet....

I better put out the red carpet for the boats that will start appearing on the horizon from tommorow.

Sorry Dazza, how does Labor fit into that particular story?

Yes there are bad union leaders and corrupt developers, and corrupt politicians on both sides. But if they're going to have a RC into trade unions, I reckon it's only fair they have one into the tax avoidance practices of big corporations. After all, the unions may own Labor, but big business owns the LNP. And I reckon the sums involved would make that mega mansion look like pocket change.

It's always interesting that labor voters will defend criminals by trying to divert attention, union members /ALP voters must be a special kind of stupid , they get screwed royally by the scum bosses and frantically defend them

Spot on Andrew Bolt

Malcolm Turnbull is a wrecker. He has sabotaged the Liberal campaign in Canning, which the latest two polls show would have been won comfortably by a great candidate.

Second, Turnbull claims he is a better communicator than Abbott. Nothing in his record as Opposition Leader or Communications Minister backs up that boast.

Third, he risks splitting the Liberals with his stands on gay marriage and global warming, to name just two issues. He would not have stopped the boats or scrapped the carbon tax, and I doubt he would have pushed as remorsely as Tony Abbott from the free trade deal with China that he cited as his big economic agenda.

Turnbull is stealing the job he could not have won, using policy weapons he could not have designed and boasting of a communication ability he does not have to head a party he cannot unite.

Last night we saw the end of the Menzies era in Australian politics. The vitriol being poured onto Malcolm Turnbull by the ultra right wing conservatives, is the heamorrhaging life blood of those anachronistic, forelock tugging Menzie-ites who deny the dawn of a new era.

I applaud those parliamentary members of the Liberal Party who made the right choice for our Nation and their Party.

I still won't change from being a staunch Labor voter and Trade Unionist, but I am man enough to congratulate a job well-done.

OME

Everyone including us was handed a live grenade in the NBN , by our former two fearless leaders...Its hardly fair to blame the libs when that mess explodes...

The real problem is Labour never should have started it in the first place, they should have planned it , done a cost benefit analysis and they would have realised back then that mobile data speed and ADSL2+ incentives would have been significantly cheaper and produced much higher productivity per $...it defies reality to run Fibre to every household in a nation as population sparse as Australia...

I have maintained LAN's and WAN's with Fibre and yes they are fast, but they are also extremely fragile and expensive to maintain.

I wrote to Oakshott when he proposed jumping in bed with Gillard to tell him the NBN would be a disastrous cost blowout and would be superseded by the need for mobile data before it was built...needless to say he had bigger things on his mind and did not reply...

Optical Fibre works fantastic in locations with massive high speed data needs and high node or peer density, but it is woeful in areas of low node or peer density. Its expensive to maintain and it is fragile, especially the transceivers on each end which are very sensitive and prone to failure. Had labour done even a weeks homework before launching the NBN, they would have realised it would be a disaster in many remote areas.

Gillard was worse than Abbott. Actually they were as bad as each other.

Not even close! Gillard had to contend with a minority government, but still managed to get a lot of nation building legislation passed. All Abbott managed to do was pick fights with everyone, including his own cabinet. As dysfunctional as the RGR government was, they didn't indulge in stupid Captain's picks like the Abbott disaster.