Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

I think that's been on the Market for a While. A lot bigger than I need. Be hard to air condition, also. You would need insulation. It's HOT sometimes. Geelong is not a bad Place. to live. Nev

Posted

The fact it is still on the market means it is overpriced. I follow a few Aussie real estate and commercial real estate sites, and this popped up on those about a month ago. One I am looking at a few "doors down" has been on for a long while@ https://www.realestate.com.au/property-residential+land-nsw-tocumwal-203580220

 

Any of these properties on for more than a few weeks is overpriced. There is also a new subdivision on the airfield: https://www.realestate.com.au/property-residential+land-nsw-tocumwal-204059628

 

Geelong is a lovely place. I bought my laptop in Geelong in my last trip and the centre of the city has really been freshened up. I am not sure Octave would want me close to him 😉 And, although Ford has gone, the old factory looks fantastic and has a hotbed of tech startups. 

 

Tocumwal gets hot - I have spent many a summer for long times gliding there with my terry-towel hat on. But the heat is, by Melbourne standards, dry and very bearable.. As a young bloke, I much preferred the cold, but as I get older, I enjoy the heat much more. But one of the drawbacks is of course, it is a bloody long way from the coast. 

 

 

 

 

Posted
14 hours ago, Jerry_Atrick said:

where the new plaster doesn't seem to have been mixed properly and is flaking away..

I've been watching a video of a renovation being done to a house somewhere in England. I think it is in the London area. However, they had the same problem of the plaster not adhering to the walls. My thought is that since the temperatures have been unusually high over the English summer, the plasterers had no experience of mixing plaster in such conditions. They maybe mixed it as usual for temperatures and humidity of a normal English summer and the plaster dried out before forming a strong bond. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...