Divided societies, growing alternative mobs

nomadpete

The biggest trend in recent years has been the growth of fringe conspiracies. And the surge in passionate mobs that fervently believe in them.

Our news is dominated by sometimes riotous mobs demonstrating against 'False Media' and the perceived (sometimes real) manipulation by governments.

Divided society is not good.

I have just watched a SBS series called.....

"The Secrets of America's hidden government"

At first it looked like a primer for Qanon. Bear in mind, the series mostly focuses on historical USA propaganda from WW2 up to just prior to Donny Trump losing his election. Anyway it got me thinking. They finally make the point that this problem threatens democracy, and is mostly attributable to public multi generational BS fatigue. To the point that whenever the government makes a statement, many people instantly assume it is a lie and that the opposite must be true. Take Covid and masks (or vaccines) as an example.

How can we change this for the better?

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

Most American thrillers have the Government as your enemy for a long time, so many believe it. They believe in NO  government but when the chips were down even GM was owned by the Government (Bailed out). The saying always was, "What's good for GM is good for America". ALL  BS. Nev

• Like 1

I agree OT. It, and some engineering and economics stuff is why I still use youtube, as they get a small payment for me viewing it there, too. For fellas like Michael West, Friendly Jordies, who is a jumped up millennial and a much better investigative journo than comedian; swollen/firendly pickles, and a couple of others, I let the ads run their full length (usuallky get up and stretch or focus on something else when the ads are running)., to give them max revenue.

• Informative 1