Yahoo Email. . . . no thanks. . .

Phil Perry

Well, . . .after using Yahoo as my main email provider for the last six years,. . I now find that I c an't send nor forward ANYTHING at all. . . .

Nothing wrong at my end, and the Yahoo customer service people seem to be on vacation somewhere. . . . being semi-retired now, it is not an earth shattering, income busting problem, and it is a good job really. . . . I just opened a Gmail account and now I have to learn how that works,. . .they certainly seem to want an awful lot of information, which I won't give,. . . .and hook me up onto everything, . . .I wouldn't mind the android app so that I can at least have a look at email whilst out and about,. . .i use a Samsung Galaxy 5S, which really doesn't like Yahoo mail, so I gave up trying to get into my box whilst out,. . . but it does support Gmail. . . .oh well, got to start from scratch again and see how it all works. Just trying to import contacts, the Gmail system reprted that it had already done that,. . .but if it did,. . then I don't know where they are hiding. . . . also I don't really want FIZZOGBOOK access either. . . . nor Instagram. . . . . it's great not being a 13 yr old kid, I'm sure they all know how all this stuff works., and why it is so important !! . . . ( I don't, and I don't )

By the way, . . .please don't offer any kind assistance with this,. . . I'm just having a bloody whinge ( nothing new there then. . .) I'll probably get around to figuring it all out,. . . . it really reminds me of the last words my Grandfather said to me just before he died,. . .he said. . . . .

"Are you still holding that effing ladder ?? ! !

A mate of mine just had his yahoo email account hacked by some outfit. All his contacts were stolen & he couldn't send or receive. I got an email from the perpetrator saying my mate & family were in the Philippines & all his money had been stolen etc, send money. Most of his contacts got the same message. Gmail thought the email was suspicious & I knew it was as I was talking to him that very day, we are nowhere near the Philippines, he'd never ask for money & I wouldn't give it to him either. Yahoo would not respond. The account was closed immediately.

Thanks for that KG, . . .I had an almost Identical hack about three years ago, every contact got the same message about me being mugged in Turkey and losing my money and passport. . . "Can you send me £300.00 . . . .unfortunately, the Nigerian or whoever it was had not got a reasonable grasp of English grammar, and it was plain to all my ( few ) contacts that it was a scam. . . This was also a Yahoo Account, and I opened a new one shortly prior to joining up on this forum. . . . . .

Phil

Well, . . .after using Yahoo as my main email provider for the last six years,. . I now find that I can't send nor forward ANYTHING at all. . . .

Nothing wrong at my end, and the Yahoo customer service people seem to be on vacation somewhere. . . . being semi-retired now, it is not an earth shattering, income busting problem,. . . . .

!

Don't be a tight-arse Phil, buy yourself a pigeon.

When it's worn out, they're not bad eating!

Don't be a tight-**** Phil, buy yourself a pigeon.When it's worn out, they're not bad eating!

It's strange that you should mention that Planey. . . . . . Pigeon Pie was always a favourite of mine when I used to travel the 20 miles or so to Uncle Ernie and Aunty Dot's farm, it took about 1.5 hours to get there in Dad's Austin 7, through Wolverhampton town, and along all those orrible narrow farm lanes beyond Wellington Shropshire,. . . .. . . . ( about 1954 ) Since then, I've found that adding copious amounts of GARLIC to the mic and marinating the bird in it the previous night. . . . enhances the flavour no end,. . .and makes you forget what a tiny amount of food it is. . . . . .

My Dad used to try shooting pigeons on the farm, . . .but following advice from Uncle Ernie,. . . .he changed from the .22 rimfire smoothbore Webley & Scott rifle to a .410 bolt action shotgun,. . . .and found that he could actually HIT some pigeons, . .now and again. . . . I was then too young to ask about who it was that had to remove the lead pellets prior to the bird being consigned to the cook pot though. . . . .

And as for the Pigeon Post . . . . lt's face it, . . .the type of voluminous reply I usually make to a simple comment or post would take around five sheets of A3,. . . .way over the MTOW of the average pigeon don't you think ? ?

It's strange that you should mention that Planey. . . . . . Pigeon Pie was always a favourite of mine when I used to travel the 20 miles or so to Uncle Ernie and Aunty Dot's farm, it took about 1.5 hours to get there in Dad's Austin 7, through Wolverhampton town, and along all those orrible narrow farm lanes beyond Wellington Shropshire,. . . .. . . . ( about 1954 ) Since then, I've found that adding copious amounts of GARLIC to the mic and marinating the bird in it the previous night. . . . enhances the flavour no end,. . .and makes you forget what a tiny amount of food it is. . . . . .

My Dad used to try shooting pigeons on the farm, . . .but following advice from Uncle Ernie,. . . .he changed from the .22 rimfire smoothbore Webley & Scott rifle to a .410 bolt action shotgun,. . . .and found that he could actually HIT some pigeons, . .now and again. . . . I was then too young to ask about who it was that had to remove the lead pellets prior to the bird being consigned to the cook pot though. . . . .

And as for the Pigeon Post . . . . lt's face it, . . .the type of voluminous reply I usually make to a simple comment or post would take around five sheets of A3,. . . .way over the MTOW of the average pigeon don't you think ? ?

I dare say Planey was well aware of the mtow of the average pidgeon Phil. It was most likely his way of getting you to cut down on the length of your replies.

In the past, a group with which I had not connection whatsoever ;-) enjoyed Yahoo because it was the easiest system in which to manipulate nasty West African scammers. Apparently these people did things to deprive them of income and warn soppy sods that were being scammed. A rumour was started that Gmail were snoopers, just to put off the scammers from using Gmail. It worked for a while. So Yahoo and a few others did have the worst security and Gmail was streets ahead. Downside now is that Google is so invasive that its practically impossible to avoid its tentacles. Even some of my ancient anti-scam identities pop up from time to time. I hate to think what my associates make of a Linked-In contact of mine called Butta-my-bum!

Hmmm. . . Well,. . .I've opened a Gmail account, but the "front end" page presentation is wildly different to that of yahoo,. . . ( well,. . .for MY addled old grey matter it is. . ) so I don't think I'll bother.

Some freinds have suggested Hotmail, so perhaps that might be worth a look. Anyway, I've reformatted and reloaded windows seven, and used the occasion to sort out other software that I no longer need / want as well and everything now appears to be working to spec. ( touch wood ) I failed to find the cause of the "No-send - No forward" problem with Yahoo mail, I shied away from telephoning the friendly Yahoo Customer Service helpline after a neighbour told me he'd done the same and the call cost him over fifty quid extra on his landline bill ! ! . . .phhone charging rather reminiscent of wounded Bulls etc. . . .this is a bit of a shame, as it may have been an undetected virussy intruder, and could well recur.

We'll see.

I appreceiate the suggestions anyway,. . .thanks.

LW Phil